The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been clicking for awhile now (months) and there's grease everywhere down there, lol. Mavis tire co. wants to charge me $150 for it. I can get it cheaper if i go to my regular mechanic...

How much does the typical axle + install go for? I searched but to no avail :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
most shops will charge around $100 per side to do it, but honestly it's a ripoff. I did them in about 30 minutes on my wife's alty last week. they're soooo easy on this car it's not even funny.

·
Registered
354 Posts
^ i agree, but a little more on the price for the install, it might be like 40-60ish dollors depending on labor rates, on top of that about 100 for the rebuilt axle. though they might not take the core if its total junk, then it might be more.

·
Warranties fear me
825 Posts
I wouldn't think it wold be more than 120 for the install....2 hours labor?!? heck....it only took me 1.5 hours the first time I did mine WITH taking pictures...(5 speed swap) .... if you have an auto....I have a set of 97.5 auto axles taking up space ... 40 plus shipping....they've got about 75k on 'em....

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
replace both axles at the same time...no sense in doing one then having another brake on you in another month or so...DO NOT go to mavis...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts