The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time there is a steady rain I get a leak on my passenger side that is coming from above the door in the headliner. it runs down the interior trim along the windshield then down the side of the dash and drips into the floor board. I have a sunroof and it looks like there are 2 drain holes on each side. the best I can tell this is where the leak is stemming from. any suggestions on how to stop this leak? im hoping replacing the sunroof isn't the only option! thought about plugging the drain hole but then water will just accumulate in the roof and headliner. I sucks having to vacuum out and inch plus of water every time it rains! so please someone give me a solution lol! thanks in advance for any help
Darrin

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Search the forum...there are other people with the same issue and posted solution. FYI I believe the drain goes down the inside of the driver side window pillar.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
If you have a drain hose, it may have been knocked out at the floorboards. This happened to my 2010 on the driver's side. It was a pain to find and even harder to put back where it belongs, but it eventually happened and I never had a problem.

If yours is located on the passenger side where my driver's side is, it would be easiest to remove the glove box in order to find/access/fix.

·
... don't get caught
279 Posts
Every time there is a steady rain I get a leak on my passenger side that is coming from above the door in the headliner. it runs down the interior trim along the windshield then down the side of the dash and drips into the floor board. I have a sunroof and ... thanks in advance for any help
Darrin
Welcome Darrin, vacuuming out water would get old immediately.
But hhmmm, you're asking for detail advice without giving any details.

Go to user control panel, change the details/signature
to show what car, year, trim level, and miles you are talking about.
Hope you include where you live so we know what climate you're in ...

·
Erect Member
3,565 Posts
Make sure the drain hole isn't plugged up. Run a thin wire into the drain hole and see if it's blocked. Sometimes particles get into the small passages and stop it from draining. Start simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts