The Nissan Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from work yesterday and to my surprise my order from Classic motor works had arrived a jar of paste glaz and and bottle of prewaxing cleasing lotion. Super timing in that im off work on wednesdays . Sever l weeks ago I asked this forum for a recomendation on wax for a white car and paste glaz was mentioned by a couple of folks. Well up bright and early and went to work-Washed my satin alty and then applied the cleasing lotion in a back and forth motion as recommended - must say it is work-much tougher to use than I had expected, you rub untill it becomes tacky and then wipe off. the putting on is the tough part, it comes off pretty easy. Nice clean shine but nothing special after all my alty was pretty nice before I started. Next I applied the paste glaz by pinnacle, very easy to put on and to take off. Its very oily and hard to see that you didnt miss a spot and virtually no haze at all. While it produced a slick shine I was dissapointed. It doesnot produce an exciting shine at all -a sterile almost hazy shine. Applied couple more coats to my hood and Im still behind where I was before I started in the shine department. Used Medallion paint protection a couple weeks ago and must say it gave me a far more exciting look. Lots of highlites and a very wet look. After i finished my car my son came over with his blue TLs and we decided to try the stuff on his car. This time we used a power buffer. He had many water spots and we had hoped the cleaning lotion would reduce them . No such luck. It did reduce some swirl marks however. Boy it was a bitch to apply to that dark blue car. Thought we would never get it all off. It streaked really bad. We then put the glaz on it althought its recomended for light cars. To our surprise it worked much better on the dark blue than on my white car. A nice deep shine. Not world class but decent. We then went through the same process on my younger sons '95 dark green alty. Did not work any better on his car than mine. We went backwards.His comment was " dad how long before we get it looking as good as it did". We had applied the medallion to his a couple weeks ago as well. That kinda removed all doubt that I had wasted $65 and my day off-although i did enjoy working with my boys. We gave it our best shot looking for that perfect shine and we will keep trying and I do solicit you suggestions. Anyone tried blackfire products on a white car? Thought I would try it next time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts