The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easy way to get to the pcv valve. I tried over the weekend and it was a pain in the ass. It says to go under the car and replace it but it still seems like it will take hours. THanks.

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
383 Posts
wfmrules said:
Is there any easy way to get to the pcv valve. I tried over the weekend and it was a pain in the ass. It says to go under the car and replace it but it still seems like it will take hours. THanks.
Replacing the PCV valve is not an easy thing to do. It is hard to reach and will take you about two hours to finish the job.

It is better to pay a mechanic to replace it for you.

Trust me...I've already asked the same question and members here tell me the same thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Freeman is right. I have done it. I did have a good write up of the procedure posted but it got lost in one of the forum conversions. (PCV HELL) I had 70k miles when I replaced mine and there was no problem with it.

If you decide to tackle it... (my advise is not to) You can reach it from underneath. You have to reach about arms length up into the engine with the front wheels on ramps. You can get about 1/16 turn of a wrench at a time. You will need some LONG (like 10") bent needle nose and straight needle nose pliars to get the little hose off and on. It is best to replace the little molded hose when you change it because you will probably tear it getting it off. It is about $18 at your local nissan dealer for this little sucker.

Nissan wanted $300 to change it! (They wanted to take the intake manifold off!)

Takes alot of patience.

Hope this was helpful. (or scared you)

-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts