1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Lord of the Thighs
1,240 Posts
I like Pepsi, but what they did there was wrong....

They didn't have a problem using Michael Jackson for commercials, and I think his problems are a bit more degrading than Ludacris will ever be.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Morpheus said:
I like Pepsi, but what they did there was wrong....

They didn't have a problem using Michael Jackson for commercials, and I think his problems are a bit more degrading than Ludacris will ever be.
How was it wrong? Should a person who degrades women and promotes substance abuse be advertising a product a significant percentage of which users are children?

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Frmr97GXE said:
How was it wrong? Should a person who degrades women and promotes substance abuse be advertising a product a significant percentage of which users are children?
Thing is I don't see how it was really aimed at kids. It was aimed at people that listen to his music anyway. No one should expect people in commercials to be angels.

When my sister worked at Best Buy tey had to pull an ad because the girl in it had her tongue pierced and they claimed it promoted having oral sex.

I've personally not liked O'reilly before what happened but I think this is all a load of shit. Might have been a little different if this was coming on during Saturday morning cartoons but it was aimed at the MTV generation.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
The fact is, by using the guy in commercials Pepsi was being associated with his image and was indirectly promoting the things he stood for. The company management realized that it's not what they wanted so they pulled the ad. What is here to get so worked up about?

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Frmr97GXE said:
The fact is, by using the guy in commercials Pepsi was being associated with his image and was indirectly promoting the things he stood for. The company management realized that it's not what they wanted so they pulled the ad. What is here to get so worked up about?
They knew about it all along. Rappers don't rap about flowers and butterflies. They were just trying to get more of the people that listen to music like his. I don't think this should have happened but if I worked at Pepsi I'd have done the same thing. It's a PR thing.

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
7,969 Posts
shit, in my opinion ludacris is no more offensive to women, if you're gonna be really picky, than brittney shakin her ditzy ass all over the place. not that i have a problem with her ass....

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Fette said:
shit, in my opinion ludacris is no more offensive to women, if you're gonna be really picky, than brittney shakin her ditzy ass all over the place. not that i have a problem with her ass....
Catfight! :D

So you think that denigrating women is no worse than somebody shaking her ass? Why does Britney offend women?

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Ben said:
They knew about it all along. Rappers don't rap about flowers and butterflies. They were just trying to get more of the people that listen to music like his. I don't think this should have happened but if I worked at Pepsi I'd have done the same thing. It's a PR thing.
Somebody knew, somebody didn't. Basically, somebody fucked up. It's a big corporation, no surprise there.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts