The Nissan Club banner

Performance question

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  thesteve 
#1 ·
I noticed last night that my 95 auto was accelerating much faster, and running better than it usually does, and this was right after filling up with gas. It isn't the first time I've noticed this, but before I credited it to something else. Are there any parts I should check to make it run well all the time? The injectors probably need to be cleaned from age alone, but would that make a difference depending on how much gas is in there?

#2 ·
did you use a better grade of gas Ie: 92 vs 87?
peace
dante

#12 ·
Well, the fuel filter is also new, i replaced it a few months ago. Today i filled up with gas to make sure it does actually run better, but of course it doesnt want to make this easy to diagnose so there was no difference in how it ran. I have searched before about the injector cleaner and have never used them, but could cleaning the injectors by hand help anything? And is it easy enough to do?

#14 ·
Remember on cool nights a car will always fell quicker, cool dense air makes more power ...

#17 ·
SHAWN said:
Remember on cool nights a car will always fell quicker, cool dense air makes more power ...
I was just about to ask if he was filling up at night time or in the day time

#18 ·
Hmm..maybe it is the time of day, I was thinking it could be that but I halfway ruled it out because sometimes the difference is huge. In the last week or so it hasn't been as bad, and for some reason I've been getting almost 300 miles to the tank instead of the usual 200. I didn't actually figure the gas mileage per gallon, but I had noticed when filling up that I had gone almost 100 miles more than normal. For whatever reason, the problem seems to have cleared itself up.

#19 ·
is that highway driving miles, or city driving. on the highway, i can go almost 430miles to the tank. now, im probably a lot lower since i've put more go mods on the car, but you may have some tune up things to do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.