The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Humanoid Typhoon
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a non digital Cannon EOS RebelG, it was sitting around my moms house so She let me have it. Any way I want to get a couple of new lenses for it. I plan on doing a lot of outdoor, scenic shots, during the day and night. what do you guys suggest I should look at. I know a lot of you are into digital, but I haven't heard of much for the convention film media, but i'm aking any way. If you have some experience please help me out. I haven't used a 35mm camera in a long time.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
you probably have a standard zoom lense on it maybe 50-115mm or 80-200mm or something similar.

you're pretty well off with that in terms of lenses but I'd recommend a wide angle lense like a 24mm. the big issue is the f/stops. the smaller f/stop number the lense can have, the more light allowed in dark lighting and fast action motion shots. It's also a ton more expensive. I have an f2.2 24mm wide angle and it's one of my most used lenses. I wanted the f1.4 but didn't have enough money at the time

·
that was dumb.
2,336 Posts
I just read a great book, called something like The New Manual of Photography or something like that. Splended. I learned all about fstops, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts