The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a recent pic of my painted dash trim and shorty shifter with new shift knob. The dash has been done for a while. The part around the guages, part where the shifter and radio are, and the 2 cherry oak pieces have all ben painted to give that aluminum dash feel. My bf also shot the guage cover cluster glossy black to make it look cleaner when we put in the indiglos. 'Tegra shorty shifter was recently installed, we already had the yellow boot, and just got the new Razo ball shift knob to go with it. It feels tight and is supppper short. Two pix below from different angles.
 

·
SR20DE/sss
Joined
·
100 Posts
Nice one... One question though, did you take out that trim where the aircon vents are before painting 'coz i wanted to pint mine but i can't take out that trim. Tnx.
 

·
VTEC wont save you....
Joined
·
2,179 Posts
See how TOP NOTCH TEXAS does things.

Very good work AV...

One question though...how did you attach the new 'BOOT',or is it just placed over the old one?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
that looks really nice. I don't think the picture is doing you any justice though. Try getting a better one to post.
 

·
See ya on the flipside...
Joined
·
464 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
Here is a recent pic of my painted dash trim and shorty shifter with new shift knob. The dash has been done for a while. The part around the guages, part where the shifter and radio are, and the 2 cherry oak pieces have all ben painted to give that aluminum dash feel. My bf also shot the guage cover cluster glossy black to make it look cleaner when we put in the indiglos. 'Tegra shorty shifter was recently installed, we already had the yellow boot, and just got the new Razo ball shift knob to go with it. It feels tight and is supppper short. Two pix below from different angles.
Damn woman, copying a fellow TX TopNotch memeber??? J/P. Saying that b/c I have the same one. :D Laterz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,701 Posts
does the lic plate bother you there? And would that satisfy the law that says you hafta have the front lic plate?
Jay
 

·
Girl-Moderator
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To answer questions, I think that's about it for now as far as the interior goes, may add some guages or tach later. All the trim was removed from the vehicle for preparing and painting. We've had the yellow boot for a while, removed the old shift knob and cut the old boot off. That plate where it sits has some clips where you can attach it, but we cut the other boot off. Once you take it off, you'll see what i mean. The shifter is from a 94+ 'Tegra and we got it off eBay for about $20 plus ship. And lastly, the plate does not block our vision. And I have yet to be stopped for having the plate in the window. As far as I know, as long as it's displayed in the front of the vehicle, but I could be wrong. And it's put up there with some little suction cups we found at Walmart in the crafts section.
 

·
See ya on the flipside...
Joined
·
464 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
I have yet to be stopped for having the plate in the window. As far as I know, as long as it's displayed in the front of the vehicle, but I could be wrong. And it's put up there with some little suction cups we found at Walmart in the crafts section.

In the state of TX the front plate has to be on the front most of the vehicle, therefore it has to be on the bumper, but I have mine on the front passenger side windshield and have yet to be pulled over for it. It all depends on how much of a dick the police want to be. It's also giving the police probable cause to pull you over. Again that depends on how really bored the cop is. Anyways, enough of TX state law 101. Class dissmissed.......:D Laterz.
 

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
Joined
·
130 Posts
Well the car looks great but about the shifter you got it from a 94+ integra did you have to modify it at all cause id love to get one too but i have never been able to find one please get back to me thanks
-Jon
 

·
Girl-Moderator
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
only modification is to get a few small washers. Where the shifter hooks up to the shifter linkage, there is a long bolt that goes all the way through the linkage and shifter. Well, there is some play, so you gotta put a washer or 2 on either side of the bolt to make sure it's tight. My bf put 2 on one side and 1 on the other. It's tight. And it's from a 94'+ 'Tegra, the one with 2 bends in it. Took my bf and me about 2 hrs. I would recommned spraying the linkage and screws down a little with some WD-40. Cuz he had a hard time with them, and it's a very tight fit under there to move tools around.
 

·
Girl-Moderator
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just regular spray paint. It's this can that has a chrome cap. Like chrome is the color. Degreased the parts first, sanded, primered, painted, then some clear coat. And Thanks to all.
 

·
VTEC Killa!
Joined
·
95 Posts
THat is tight

hey that is really tight. how did you get the trim off
 

·
Girl-Moderator
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
U gotta start with the bezel around the dashes, a few screws there, then the cherry oak piece above the steering wheel, then the piece where the radio and shift knob is, plate around shifter, then the last cherry oak trim piece on passenger side.
 

·
VTEC Killa!
Joined
·
95 Posts
the trim

what was the original color. you had wood? because mine is a '94 and it has the wood type trim
does it all basically screw off?
 

·
Girl-Moderator
Joined
·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes, it was the wood, cherry oak looking trim. it pops off after you take off all the screws necessary. It's not too hard, but there are alot of connections specifically on the dimmer, a/c controls, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Re: the trim

swoosh69007 said:
what was the original color. you had wood? because mine is a '94 and it has the wood type trim
does it all basically screw off?
its' ridiculisly easy to take all that trim off. Takes around 5 minutes when you do it the second time. It's just a couple of screws and it comes off
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top