The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know because I plan on getting some 17s this week but my friend selling them to me with 205/40/17 inch tires so before I save up to buy some tires or springs I need to know.Right now I have some 16inch konig traffiks and if anybody have a pic with a alty with 16s with a drop,let me see.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn,you makin me not want to drop my car if it shakes and rattles.What series tires are those.are they 215/45/17 and how many inches drop

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
DDevil77 said:
Damn,you makin me not want to drop my car if it shakes and rattles.What series tires are those.are they 215/45/17 and how many inches drop
yep, they're 215/45/17. It's a 2'' drop with Sprints and Toks. The pic was taken a couple of days after the car was lowered. Right now it's probably a 2.5'' drop. I don't want to discourage you or anything. If i had to do it again, i'd probably get 18'' wheels with an appropriate tire size. I'd also get Ground Controls, so that i'd be able to adjust the height in the winter, when the roads are extremely shitty. But then, they're also shitty in the summer. :(
The ride looks sick though :dunno:

·
Registered
72 Posts
here it is with 18s

·
Resident Titans Fan
1,395 Posts
205/45/16 on Sprints

215/45/17 on Sprints, and I believe the springs have settled some more since this picture was taken, it looks lower to me

·
Registered
210 Posts
With those tires, I felt everything on the road. Then, to make it look decent, I had to lower my car even more (thank goodness for ground control's). Scraped a bunch of times. Spedometer was pretty off. But as for the 17's, I think it's a good size. With 215/45's, doesn't look bad at all, but the lips on my rims make my rims look smaller. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
I have 215/45's and like them. They are almost exactly stock wheel size and have a good amount of tire so the ride doesn't feel like shit.

I have 00/01 Eibach's, so the front and rear are very even.

·
Resident Titans Fan
1,395 Posts
sprints will give you more of a drop and aren't as stiff as eibachs, but if you want performance then eibachs are definitely the way to go

I think 215/45/17 is something like .4% off from stock tire size. I did it on the tire calculator once, but don't remember the exact figure. It's minimal and disregardable whatever it is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts