41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics will be awhile as i wont be picking it up till the 23rd:frown
since these cars are rare some probably saw it on eBay
I am looking forward to a nice long drive from Kalamazoo MI to Amarillo TX

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
:welcome: Flying all the way to Michigan to pick up an SE-R? I'd do the same. Have fun with your SE-R and a safe trip back!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pics will be awhile as i wont be picking it up till the 23rd:frown
since these cars are rare some probably saw it on eBay
I am looking forward to a nice long drive from Kalamazoo MI to Amarillo TX
Kalamazoo is a great town. Be sure to hit the Brewpubs if you stay for a bit! (My personal favorite was Gonzos)

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Wait... WHAT? KZOO?

Ok... you and I may need to connect while you're here. I've only seen two SE-R's in the area (I live/work around Kzoo) - one in Code Red and another in Smoke like mine.

PM me - I'd love to meet up while you're here.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Hope this pic loads.
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome..
Bpuff will do was hoping to meet someone up that way while there
She looks like she'll need a bit of work, but a good find, nonetheless. PM what your visit schedule looks like. Maybe we could meet up for a bit. A heads up, too, I'm planning to install my Koni Yellows the weekend before, so I may be "without transport" on the 23rd if stuff goes south. I'm not that far from Kzoo, though, so you could always head over to my place and we can check out the new ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya going to need some work as that is the good side but don't think its any more then i can fix. was defiantly a negotiation point. Here is her bad side.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
I remember seeing this on ebay. They were wanting $3800 for it. Needs a lot of work but I'm sure you can do it.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
That's not a bad deal. Other than cosmetic work. As long as it still runs and drives.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Ya going to need some work as that is the good side but don't think its any more then i can fix. was defiantly a negotiation point. Here is her bad side.
That'll totally buff out...

JK. Looks like some decent replacement work. Trunk, rear fascia, and maybe a set of lights? Did they say anything about how it happened?

We could check it out before you head back to TX. It looks like it was lowered? Anything else that you're aware of that was modified?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
He said he backed into a pole.. He has said that he replaced y pipe back, and says the rest is stock as far as he knows but with this pic and some research that isn't the case.
Would like to know what all is done...

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
He said he backed into a pole.. He has said that he replaced y pipe back, and says the rest is stock as far as he knows but with this pic and some research that isn't the case.
I can definitely help you there. Aside from cams, I have nearly every bolt on available for this platform. If I don't have it, I at least know about it. Are you buying it directly from the previous owner?

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
That's helpful. There's tons of questions you can ask, then. There's benefits of going through a dealer, but nothing quite replaces being able to talk to the previous owner.

·
Altimer
824 Posts
Just from your pic I see

SER oil cap
Strut top bar
Short ram intake, possible Nismo
VIAS block plate
Blue valve covers, not sure if painted
Blue wire wrap
Oil catch can with pressure gauge (could be fuel pressure)
HEADERS! Which means heads back has been done
Blue power steering cap
Vent case filter?

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Just from your pic I see

SER oil cap
Strut top bar
Short ram intake, possible Nismo
VIAS block plate
Blue valve covers, not sure if painted
Blue wire wrap
Oil catch can with pressure gauge (could be fuel pressure)
HEADERS! Which means heads back has been done
Blue power steering cap
Vent case filter?
SER oil cap - not anything "huge" just engine bay bling
Strut top bar - yep, Racingline
Short ram intake, possible Nismo - Maybe?... Nismo has the hydrolock protection piece and looks cleaner. Maybe it started its life as a Nismo, but this one looks like it's been changed.
VIAS block plate - yup, even though it doesn't look like they removed any of the VAIS stuff
Blue valve covers, not sure if painted - looks like it, and it looks like it's not a pro job
Blue wire wrap - LOL!
Oil catch can with pressure gauge (could be fuel pressure) - hard to tell in the pic, but I think it's an oil catch can.
HEADERS! Which means heads back has been done - didn't catch that until you pointed it out, Mike. Looks like mine do.
Blue power steering cap - again, LOL!
Vent case filter? - yep, instead of the return to intake tubing

EDIT: Mike, I think you're right with the fuel rail pressure - it doesn't look like an oil catch can. That would/should have been installed instead of the vent case filter.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts