The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats exactly the first mod I was considering doing (if I ever get the car that is). Can u explain your setup. What kind of exhausts did u put on and how much did it run you?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A picture of the new Y collector, all the tubing was 409 stainless that was mandrel bent, I believe they used 2.5 inch tubing, all mufflers were from Magna Flow's street series(there is a resonator muffler also).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you upload some wavs or mp3's of the new exhaust sound?

I dont have the technology, sorry, but I can say it sounds awesome to me. The car is much more fun to drive now. Its has a nice tone that you hear a little while crusing. It screams when you get on it. It is actually pretty refined.

The amber side markers look good, how hard were they to install?

It is a bit scary cutting into your new cars quarter panel. You need to go slow. I used a dremel with a carbide metal cutting bit, the kit provides a template. I still dont have them wired correctly.

·
Barkless Dog
2,383 Posts
Was that a custom exhaust sytem?

How much did it cost?

Where did you have it installed/made?

Tell us the details

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Re: How much?

mystycal666 said:

and did it void the warranty?
law says it's the dealership's responsibility to prove that a mod caused the specific damage you're trying to get repairs on....for instance, if your seat belts went bad, they can't blame it on the exhaust.
Jay

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yes, custom exhaust.

How much did it cost?

just under $600

Mufflex in Trenton NJ. www.mufflex.com (ask for Denny)

Tell us the details

The the dual mufflers are Magnaflow mirror finish street series 5X8 oval with 4 inch slash cut tips. The resonator is also a mirror finish magnaflow, I believe 6 inch round. The system sounds great. Not quite as good as some Mustang's and Corrado's I have heard, but damn good. Mandrel bends and 2.5 inch 409 stainless tubing.

·
Proud '02 owner
3,972 Posts
super_black said:

Yes, custom exhaust.

How much did it cost?

just under $600

Mufflex in Trenton NJ. www.mufflex.com (ask for Denny)

Tell us the details

The the dual mufflers are Magnaflow mirror finish street series 5X8 oval with 4 inch slash cut tips. The resonator is also a mirror finish magnaflow, I believe 6 inch round. The system sounds great. Not quite as good as some Mustang's and Corrado's I have heard, but damn good. Mandrel bends and 2.5 inch 409 stainless tubing.
Is it from the cat back? or from the y combiner,and did you replace the so call crushed pipe?

·
yeah ?
603 Posts
Super_black

I was wondering, I'm from queens, do you know if they still have the template from your muffler? I know do mandrel bent, they'll need to have a template.. How long did the procedure take to have it installed and all ? Did the price of "under 600" come with the magnaflows or was that just for the SS piping and bends? Thanks. I"m glad, they're are other alternatives then paying probably over 1 grand for a full cat back system.. PLUS IT"S STAINLESS!! Please get back to me.

rpny.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is it from the cat back? or from the y combiner,and did you replace the so call crushed pipe?

The new system starts right behind the cat, so yes everything from that point back was replaced with larger diameter tubing (including the infamous crushed pipe).

I was wondering, I'm from queens, do you know if they still have the template from your muffler? I know do mandrel bent, they'll need to have a template.. How long did the procedure take to have it installed and all ? Did the price of "under 600" come with the magnaflows or was that just for the SS piping and bends? Thanks. I"m glad, they're are other alternatives then paying probably over 1 grand for a full cat back system.. PLUS IT"S STAINLESS!! Please get back to me.

I'm not sure they actually do their own mandrel bends, I believe they use pre-bent pipe and then cut and weld. They only only had my car for two days (one night). The price of under $600 included everything. Just to let you know the 304 stainless (the kind Borla uses) would have been just over $1000...but it's not really necessary on a $25,000 car that I'd only keep for 2-5 years.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Re: Thanks

Nickjx said:
Thanks, did you notice any performance gain?
probably growls really well now...hehe
From what I know, shops that can't afford to bend their own stuff have pre-fab stuff...the same stuff u can buy online, which you should do cuz it's cheap.
Jay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.