The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 4 door Golf GL, with 98 VR6 engine swap(more like mechanical swap, I have ALL the parts, brakes, susp, axles, gearbox, cluster, exhaust, subframe, wheels, stabilizer bars, ecu, harness, radiator, etc) I also got 98 GLX leather seats, an alpine deck, momo shifter and boot, and all red taillights. That's it for now, check out the pics in the registry. Sorry about the quality, and the car is FILTHY, I haven't cleaned in in months, I only passed it through an automatic wash to snap some pics. There's also pics of the Altima in there:

http://www.altimas.net/registry/vehicles.php?vehicleid=247

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still in the family, except I don't drive it much anymore. I love it looks, but I hate the way it drives. It's still gonna be pimpin though, the eibach's and the wheels are staying on, I just sold the sound system, alot of accesories, and the exhaust is coming off tomorrow, and getting replaced with new stock parts...

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
nice......i wish sometimes that i still had my 85 golf gti (8v)....i gave it to my brother when i moved to the states in 94.......well that mofo traded it in for a honda......yeah a fu*kin honda.....pissed me off ...although i did get the red 94_se new.

someday i'll post pics..

94_se

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
masplinter9 said:
Why a golf? shoulda gota GTi!!!!
Do you know anything about VW?

The difference between a GTi(we're talking 4cyl here) and the GL are only some accesories. It has different headlights, taillights, seats(cloth), badges, wheels, fog lights, bigger rear strut bar and some other smaller insignificant things. I already changed the seats(98 GLX leather heated seats), I shaved the badges, I got new wheels, and I'm gonna change the headlights to MKIV look, and M3 style taillamps. So why pay easily 4-5000$ more, and more insurance for things I was eventually gonna change anyway? Plus the 4 door are sleepers with VR6 since they were not available with one, and they can be made to look just as good as any Golf, whether it be 2 door or 4 door.

That's why:)

BTW, this is pretty much what I'm aiming for, look-wise:
Black paint, polished intake manifold, M3 style mirrors, MK4 headlights, FK coilovers, and some nice deepdish wheels

·
belongs -> @ltimas.net
428 Posts
i always love this gen of GOLF

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
update: my car is going in for a full color change(even the engine bay) in about a month or two, I don't know the exact date yet. I'm on the waiting list at a very good paint shop, they just don't know exactly when they could take my car in. It shouldn't be over two months though. It's either gonna be painted in

BMW M5 Lemans blue:

or VW platinum grey. Can't decide between those two

1 - 17 of 17 Posts