The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is pioneer compares to alpine? i need a new HU since my damn JVC is making the music sounds umm i dont even know the word. it makes the CD sounds as if the battery from a radio is dying.

anyways,, pioneer has deck in the price range i can afford now. how reliable are they? i really would love the alpine fontom face though. i also want a HU with 3 sets of RCA out. 1 for the front speakers. 1 for the rear and 1 for the sub.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Everybody will have there own opinion, They are both good decks.

I have had both decks and prefer pioneer decks. ( When comparing decks w/ similar features)

I like the quality better on the pioneer decks, just my opinion!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see, i see these great reviews on ikesound on these decks. pioneer. however, when you see a star with a system, its most likely Alpine decks in their car. my JVC deck was garbage, is garbage and i dont wanna make the same mistake.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I hear that.....

I think the alot of "stars" go with a alpine deck cause of the upscale touch screen models and what not. Alpines are great decks.

I have alot of friends with nice pioneer decks with awesome systems.

I have a friend that is buying this deck

Pioneer DEH-P8400MP
CD/MP3/WMA Receiver Its real nice

Retail is like $550.00 .....Online and ebay you can get it for around $320.00

heres a link to the features and pics:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...700&id=morephotos&pi=3&i=130DEHP840&display=L

·
Registered
288 Posts
which jvc do you have? I actually hear their digifine model is pretty nice...but pioneer and alpine are both solid choices so I won't suggest something other than those.

Honestly, I just like the Alpine better...I think they're better looking, have better features, and have better sound quality. These are all things I think so nobody needs to argue. I personally don't like the phantom face but that's just me...other than that the h/u itself is very nice. I really like some of the new alpines w/o the phantom face...the ones in the 9000 series...they have adjustable 3-way, 24 db/octave crossovers and a built in parametric eq which are better than last years models. Go alpine, you'll be happy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the JVC i have looks like the pioneer thats in the link in this thread. they broke in my car in 2001 and stole my SONY EXPLODE. i loved that deck. solid. i have this jvc for ever a year now so i am wondering if i have gotten my mony's worth.

I like the way the pioneer looks...the one in the link that is. but i do prefer the looks of the alpines. the alpines have a more classic look.

the pioneer in the link seems to have a lot of features though but i dont like the silver look.

i think im gonna save up for the alpine fontom face...the cheaper brand though.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have had Alpine Pioneer and Kenwood decks, i have never had one single problem with the three Kenwood decks i have had... still have two and the older one is nearly 10 years old.
Both Pioneer decks i have had, have had problems, and lots of my friends with poineer decks have little and sometimes big things wrong with them... TL's Volume Knob, Bojangle's volume knob too right Jordan? and another friend had a board go out.... overall more have had little problems than have had none (of the people i know with pioneer decks). I am just not impressed with their quality.

Have only had one Alpine and it was very durable..... I like them, but i like Kennys more:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol and i am here trying to norrow down the best decks. i am gonna review kenwoods and see how they are.

·
Beware The Big Fish
160 Posts
for my money i go with pioneer, i have never had any problems. alpines nice to but to damn ugly for me. stay away from kenwood every kenwood i have ever owned broke.pioneers reliable,goodlooking,and fully adjustable.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
When considering Pioneer, perhaps you may want to consider their Premier line. The Premier line generally offer 3 rca outs and better 4 volt power where as the Pioneer line does not offer the 3 rca's etc...

You pay more but you get more.

·
Registered
288 Posts
yeah...premier is definitely the way to go IF you decide on pioneer (but I still say Alpine!!). The decks are slightly nicer...and they're definitely less common than plain pioneer decks so you won't have the same system as your friend got from best buy.

btw, rthompson that double DIN unit does look pretty sweet...not for me, but it definitely looks nice.

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
I have had Pioneers all my life, and I've never had a problem, personally the Alpines are good but too damn TACKY and Ugly with all those Huge buttons of different colors.....
Pioneers have more of a classier look and the color matches nicely plus it has alot of features too, but they dont throw it all in your face like Alpine.....
But they are both very reliable, it just depends on your taste !! just my 0.02

·
Registered
288 Posts
yeah man, having two faces is a WHOLE lot less tacky than multi-colored buttons (which alpines don't have, btw). I especially like the two-face approach because it makes it impossible to use your cup holder when it's down...which is where all the pretty graphics and a few of the function buttons are (this complaint is specific to the 8400 & 840 mp).

The only thing I would buy pioneer/premier over alpine would be the p9 or p1r...and I wouldn't even do that if the f#1 setup was the same price.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts