The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever had these tires? I wanna get em when I buy my wheels. I saw them at a shop the other day, and they look really sweet, and I've riden in a nice jetta VR6 with a done up suspension and those tires in 17" and it was really amazing how well it handled.

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
they are some of the best SUPER high performance tires out there. i had a set of the asymetrico's on when i had the 18's and i loved them. by far the stickiest of street tires i have been on. the 225-35-18 like i had are the stock front tire size on a few ferrari's and ferrari can't be wrong in their choice of tires.
the drawback of the p-zero's is that to be such a sticky tire like they are they also must be a very soft compound tire. therefore that makes the treadwear rating somewhat low. i had very good luck with mine cuz i don't drive the car hard and i got about 12000 miles out of them. BUT do not expect much more out of them. for the money spent on them you can get a very good high performance tire for the money you would spend on the p-zeros.

·
Registered
75 Posts
p-zeros are probably not the right choice for an altima...no matter how hopped up it is. i would never put them on mine.
many of the ferraris and maseratis come with p-zeros, but some come with michelin pilots (even though ferrari's F1 team uses bridgestone). at the factory (i visited the maserati factory last week for sales manager training) they just have two carts, one with pirelli and one with michelin and put on whatever they feel like.
they certainly are the "sexy" tire to have but have capabilities well beyond what our car can generate. additionally, any marginal benefits that the tire may offer are not going to be realized with an altima...just not practical.
if you insist on p-zeros i would go for the new p-zero rosso (or it might be rossa...can't remember). these are the new pirellis that have been designed with more of a everyday purpose in mind. they are now standard equipment on 911s (itself a car that is a filled with compromises).
the second generation p-zeros (the currently available ones) come in both directionales and assimetrico for the front and the drive wheels respectively. they aren't very good in the rain...they are meant for ultra high performance in optimal conditions.

good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts