The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my CAI from place racing and was very excited about installing it. well got it in and a friend and i proceeded to rip the car apart! Three hours later(cause neither one of us are grease monkees) realized that they sent me the wrong part. well ok fine this is cool. The problem is when I called them today they proceeded to tell me it was my fault and said that I ordered for a SE-R. so, I said fine. send me the correct part. He said no, you send me the part first when I get it back I will send you yours! so in the first place I paid $200 for the CAI then $50 for shipping overnight. Know he wants me to pay another $50 to ship it back! So, $300 dollars later I am pissed off and I can't do a damn thing about it. Cause to my knowledge no on else make a CAI for the altima.

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
Sorry man but I think you're stuck. You could either keep the one you have and make a custom one or send it back. Or you could buy a Weapon R or Stillen Intake but that would cost more than the 50 bucks you'd have to pay to just send the one you got back and get another one

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
Don't get confused! The SER CAI is the ALTIMA intake, its labeled for SE-R, but its the one and it fits, many people got confused like that before you...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I know just wanted to vent it out. the one they sent was pretty, just didn't come close to fitting. I said 2001 Altima SE and he thought I said altima SE-R. and now I gotta pay $50 more just cause he screwed up. OH WELL! :/

·
i like pussy
203 Posts
hey man the same exact shit happend to me, when i did get my cai it was 4 months after i ordered it and it was for the se-r which isnt the same as the altimas so i sent it back and then they sent me the right one, was a bitch back then sorry man

·
de-moderator
2,134 Posts
overnitemale said:
yea I know just wanted to vent it out. the one they sent was pretty, just didn't come close to fitting. I said 2001 Altima SE and he thought I said altima SE-R. and now I gotta pay $50 more just cause he screwed up. OH WELL! :/
um... sorry but there IS NO altima SER. Never has been! Its the part mike said ... did you cut the hole in the fender? @ least in the 1st gens you gotta cuta hole in the fender and the actual filter goes down by the wheel!

·
Registered
34 Posts
By the wheel? Hope you get plenty of water in the intake! Yikes!!! Gotta have intake though, cars like porsches and camaros will eat you alive without one.

·
13,021 Posts
BoriquaRacer said:
U paid $200 for CAI, u should of looked around more, heres place u could of got 1 for $185 SHIPPED TO U !!!!! Nizmo.Com
One member e-mailed them about the price and the person that e-mailed back said that the price was $190 something before shipping and the price on the website was old and it had not been updated.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
2Tight said:
Hope you get plenty of water in the intake!
uh?

You sure it's not the one for Altimas? Or maybe everything didn't line up perfectly? Mine's a real tight fit by the battery. I took pics and will post them soon. I'm also in the process of re-writing the install for PR and sending them pics.
One more thing...they sent my cai to some shop near me. I found out by calling USPS. I then called PR and they sent out another one the next day. They seem pretty cool w/it.
Jay

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I am supposed to get my CAI soon so hopefully everything will work out fine. I was very very specific in that it was a 99 Altima and color. There are "stock numbers" or whatever that you can give them to make absolutely sure you have the correct one for your car, color, and year. Let me find that pdf and post a link to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx for all the input guys! i apreciate it! One person said that the CAI for the SER would work, but it doesn't. and it will be a tight fit so hopefully no hydrolock for me :).

·
Registered
30 Posts
that was me who ordered from nizmo.com. the price was like $190 something before shipping. the website needs to be updated.:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts