The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question and I Wasn't sure where to post it. I noticed many of the pics don't have license plates in the front of the cars. I was wodnering if anyone new or had a link to sites where they talk about state laws about where you can have your license plate? I know the back must have it but what about the front of cars?

thanks

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
In MA all new registrations get new red, white and blue plates which must be displayed front and back, but older registrations with green and white plates are rear only. I'm not turning in my green and white until they make me do it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The best place to find an answer to your question is to look in the Vehicle code book of your state. Go to your State website and do a search on vehicle code book. I found alot of good info regarding tint in California's vehicle code book. It's supposedly illegal to have tinted windows in the front side windows, but the CAVCB says that if the tint is less than a certain percentage and is certified to block UV rays then you may have your front windows tinted. I printed that out and carry a copy in my car just in case a cop pulls me over for tinted windows, so far I've been able to avoid 2 fix-it tickets.

·
Bleh
798 Posts
cplabaunza said:
The best place to find an answer to your question is to look in the Vehicle code book of your state. Go to your State website and do a search on vehicle code book. I found alot of good info regarding tint in California's vehicle code book. It's supposedly illegal to have tinted windows in the front side windows, but the CAVCB says that if the tint is less than a certain percentage and is certified to block UV rays then you may have your front windows tinted. I printed that out and carry a copy in my car just in case a cop pulls me over for tinted windows, so far I've been able to avoid 2 fix-it tickets.
^^^wow good idea....is there a link or anything to the tint thing?

sorry about thread jack

david

·
"Since ever since"
264 Posts
In Hawaii its required. i got pulled over for not having my front plate on...then he told me to put it back on...good thing the cop only gave me a warning

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
cplabaunza said:
You got a link..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let me look for it and I'll post it up for you guys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here's the Link: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

Read ALL of it!

I also found stuff on aftermarket exhausts, so check the site out and inform yourself before a dumb cop cites you for something that is totally legal. Almost every law has a loop hole. For instance the tint law. The exhaust law states you may not modify the stock setup, unless it needs replacement due to damage and stuff. So read up, and next time you get a citation look up the code you violated on the site and see if you were unlawfully cited. Semper Fi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts