The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Every Altima lovers:

I lend my car to my bro.
my bro's girlfriend spill the oil scent on my control panel and the shift metal part... They didnt clean up at all:angry2:
And oil its dried and doesnt come off w/ water.
And solution that i can use to clean this mess?

there are several spot:
On the Stereo's LED display
on the button---> plastic... need something that done make it fade
on the metalic look surface around the shift....

please help

thank you soooooooo much

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
try a soft microfiber towel dipped in a warm soapy solution(mild dishwashing detergent would be fine). Just make sure the towel is not dripping wet, wring it out as much as possible before using it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Goo Gone is pretty mild. I've used it on the surface of some of my dash controls when I spilled some soda. It worked fine and didn't damage the painted surfaces. Try a mild carwash soap first and if it doesn't work then try the goo gone. First test it on a small area just in case. DON'T USE SIMPLE GREEN on your dash or it will damage the surface of the soft plastic parts. I once used simple green on my dash to remove some greasy armorall and it left light spotted areas on my dash.
:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would use Meguiars Plastx for the buttons and 1Z cockpit Premium for the rest.
Plastx is fricking cool. It really make plastic displays shine. I use it on my instrument panel and radio face. The cockpit premium is great as it leaves a "matte" finish on plastic,vinyl and painted metal.
Click on the sig.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow.. thank you for you guy's expert opinion...
the i'll try goo gone and meguiars plastx both of them sound great...
but the 1Z cockipit premium... its description sounds like Armor All..

Well, i will try it all... if it still cant wipe off

lastly thank you again...:p

·
Registered
39 Posts
devilmaycry said:
but the 1Z cockipit premium... its description sounds like Armor All..

No way does Cockpit Premium resemble or even come close to Armour All. Well they both are liquid and they come in a plastic bottle. BUT I PROMISE CP is in a class by itself when it comes to cleaning Interior parts. It's made in Germany. Nuff said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts