The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Murano platinum AWD Bose
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I just bought an 09 platinum Murano with Bose for too much from dealer. Yes I've read forums and seen videos. Let me to believe I had Bluetooth audio, yet I only have b.t. phone control. They led me to believe I could get my maps updated, they were done in 2015. The navigation is obsolete, I can't even map a way to my parents house.

Because my heater ac control is one circuit board with stereo controls I can't remove stereo without using an ugly custom set up with control face moved to console floor or old display attached inside of mangled stereo screen on dash. Both look dumb.

Here is my question. If I remove the Bose stereo, can I use climate control nobs from an alternate year that would fit the harness and dash bottom from a year that was not Bose? Or could I rewire the harness and Would it display on old display still. The idea is to remove old stereo and nobs, use another year nobs with out Bose then use a frame for double din and put the new navigation inside of that. And leave the old display inplace.

I see on alliexpress there is a made display for Murano z51 with the dash made around it. Has anyone tried that? Does it work in the 09 platinum Bose Murano? Would it work if I disable the Bose. I see photos of it on the controls with the compact flash like mine. The kits are made to work with existing stereo as media reciever but I don't want the CD player. I can't get access to seller message. I've tried from 3 computers. It says u have to message them when u buy it but u can't....
This is the display face I'm talking about. It includes a canbus.
336.0US $ |Android multimedia car dvd gps navigation player for Nissan Murano Z51 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 not 2din dvd|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

I'm receptive to any help, and it's appreciated very much. I'm not entirely tech ignorant, I was just reading the Bluetooth on the dash and listening to them lying to me that day. Instead of fully checking it thru. My fault.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
So...I just bought an 09 platinum Murano with Bose for too much from dealer. Yes I've read forums and seen videos. Let me to believe I had Bluetooth audio, yet I only have b.t. phone control. They led me to believe I could get my maps updated, they were done in 2015. The navigation is obsolete, I can't even map a way to my parents house.

Nav map updates seem to be available for your vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said I can't update the maps anymore. The last update was available in 2015 and was done. I was told by 2 area dealers, and if you take the time to select the year on the link you sent me you can see the same denial of upgrade I have screen shot. The previous owner did ALL service and regular maintenance at Nissan dealership. They just traded this in two weeks ago. They'd have had it upgraded if it could have been after reviewing the Carfax. So answers to my original questions from anyone would be great.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
You are asking for the arcane......you almost add a caveat to every question. Making them unobtanium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Precisely. It is a subject that would be understood by few. Since this is a Nissan forum I thought maybe someone that owned one might be one of the few or rare individuals that might have some Information that is relevant or worthwhile to my situation.

One might need the caveats to fully understand the situation so that they can give their genius hypothesis to my problems that I might be able to attempt to carry out.

Just because the questions regarding the solution I have purposed to solve the problem I have appears unobtainium, it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Since all other solutions presented to me tho viable, appear like jerry-rigged crack addict handy work I hoped there might be someone out there that had a solution leaving an end result that appears to be a quality oem install. But obviously I'm looking in the wrong place and asking too much. No worries I'll figure it out myself. It's not rocket science and I am a mechanic after all. Be that I'm a plumber/pipe fitter /HVAC mechanic not an auto mechanic. I have rebuilt 2 motorcycles and 1 car. So hell with it I'll figure it out myself. I thought this forum might be helpful since the Lexus forum helped me modify my Lexus. Boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I should tell you I am far more mechanic than that and I fix so many things on my own with no help and using very unconventional methods that leave the service manuals stranded alone in outer space. You are right, it is not rocket science but I easily recognize when somebody is going where most don't and I wish you luck. Luck being 9/10ths effort above and beyond. You will be the test guinea pig there, I've lived there for a very long time, just not on the same street you are on now.

It was always that way but the world is even closer attuned now to doing things one way and one way only on cars leaving individual thinkers on their own pretty much 100%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts