The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
altima/dsm lover4life
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I need to know a couple things about the altimas. First, like with many hondas, and Mitsu engines there is always a faster japanese version, is there a faster jap Ka24De motor for the altimas that I can get my hands on? And also is there a racing trans that I can get for this same motor?

Next question, ok say there isn't a Jap spec Ka motor is there a Jap spec Sr20det motor I can get my hands on including tranny?
Now heres what I need to really know, if I were to put an Sr20det motor in my altima wouldn't I really end up losing power b/c the engine is normally made for the smaller lighter 200sx while putting it in the altima would be more weight so you end up with no difference in power? And wouldn't I end up losing torq b/c of the Sr20 motor would have to push more weight? If you can answer those questions that have been on my mind I would appreciate it. Thanks

If you want email me with the answer @ [email protected] :confused:

·
Rally Edition
268 Posts
the sr20de is used in the bluebird also (the japanese version of the altima). it is AWD too and will take some modifcation to fit in an altima

·
Official Troll
3,031 Posts
There is no jap spec ka24de. All Altimas (Bluebirds) outside of North America use the sr20de and a few with the sr20det.

Now, about throwing in a sr20de into the north american altima... no one has done it yet, because of the mounting difficulties (lots of custom work to mount it properly, tranny, axles, etc.), and the cost (big bucks). But people were talking about getting the sr20de out of a g20 or se-r. Maybe if you can get the sr20de from a jap spec bluebird, it might bolt up easily.

·
they call me the butcher
2,098 Posts
there are no import ka's
but u can do a bluebird sr20det swap the guys
from sr20 development and sleeper motorsports
both gave me a price for about 2000-3000 for it instaled
u can aslo go with a turbo the best on for that is a
f-max kit those go around 4000. or a custom
turbo if u know someone good will cost 2000-3000

i say if u want power go with the sr20 cause those can go to 400hp
with out any major engine work and ull be the first person
to do the swap

i would have the swap done already but im saving for another project

·
your mom felt my length
886 Posts
well, for the $$$ you're gonna put into doing the swap, i'd say forget it, not worth it. No ofense, but like most people that come up with the bright idea about how they are going to do the SR20DET sway or how they "were" going to do it but decided to do something else, if you were serious in doing the sway, you wouldn't need to ask if there was such a thing as the "engine from japan" or "will it fit". you would've done your research by now and would have made all the preparations and would have the money already and the time and dedication...

this is almost as popular as the question that's floating on some street racing boards after the movie Fast and Furious came out. "which is better for me to get a civic or a viper" or "should i get a supra?" or my personal favorite " i just got my licence and my parents are getting me a car, which is better an eclipse or a supra? i'm 16, i know how to drive good". If you need to ask questions like these, then you haven't done your research and are not prepared for what is going to happen or how much you gotta put into it, or how much time, or how much money it takes.

like i said from the beginning, no ofense to anyone...not making it personal, just how i feel :D

·
your mom felt my length
886 Posts
nismoalty said:
both gave me a price for about 2000-3000 for it instaled
that's not including the engine right? just all the parts and labor and mods that they need to do to your car for it to work. I beleive that the SR engine is put in a different way than the altima engine is put it. So more custom work and piping would need to be done to get it just to fit properly...let alone the tranny, axels, piping, ecu, electrical....

·
they call me the butcher
2,098 Posts
nope 2000-3000 instaled with the engine
if u look at any of the 200sx swaps they have a direction that
is equal to ours and u can even use our trans at
least that what they say
and most engine deals come with everything the ecu trans and
alot of the stuff u need.
i even know a guy who has a 200sx and it cost him 500 dollars
for the instalation and engine and everything
shit u can get a sr20det of ebay for 1,500 and
i know people who can get them for 300. from what
those guys are saying theres as many sr20's in japan
as there are aol disc's in america

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
Flea said:
the sr20de is used in the bluebird also (the japanese version of the altima). it is AWD too and will take some modifcation to fit in an altima
not all sr20de is awd. (only bluebird model i know that has it is the attesa)

ka24de IS in bluebirds. but same as us spec. ya its not imported is right but its not imported cuz we have the same engine here.

fwd sr20det is not a bolt in. it would cost over a g to install it includin misc parts u will need. (and u WILL run into problems and thats for sure, and its gonna cost ya) swap will cost at least 3500. (more if u wanna upgrade the turbo and the turbo accessories.)

all in all, IMO sell the altima and get a maxima.

·
DRGN4DR
2,316 Posts
ok whats the point in swapping?? i dont get it...especially on the altima...the swap costs about $3000...thats for a stock motor...i would rather take that $3000 and do a custom turbo....cuz in the end the ka24 turboed will be way quicker than ur stock sr20 u swapped in...JMO tho

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
SPL Hertz said:
ok whats the point in swapping?? i dont get it...especially on the altima...the swap costs about $3000...thats for a stock motor...i would rather take that $3000 and do a custom turbo....cuz in the end the ka24 turboed will be way quicker than ur stock sr20 u swapped in...JMO tho
3000bux into a motor that cant even handle 10 pounds of boost without blowin up. take the 3000 bux, take the altima and put it toward an maxima. (like me, but i am also lookin @ other v6 cars. gti more specifically)

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
chiadog said:
(like me, but i am also lookin @ other v6 cars. gti more specifically)
just get a fuckin LS1, you can find one as cheap as a gti, you know you want it.

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
i know i can. but the interior of the fbody really dont fit me, especially that tunnel thing on the floor for the cat. (top is fine with me tho) i suuuuure do love the torque tho. but i would hate the insurance premium.

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
chiadog said:
i know i can. but the interior of the fbody really dont fit me, especially that tunnel thing on the floor for the cat. (top is fine with me tho) i suuuuure do love the torque tho. but i would hate the insurance premium.
pessimistic.

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
nah, i just hate to be assraped with a bulldozer by those agents.
cant a guy be happy with a lowly v6 5 speed import? cuz thats all i want :eek:

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
no, you want what I say you want!! you can find a mkiv supra for gti price if you look hard enough :D

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
dont want one. i want another sedan or a hatch back. need room to haul my gears. (it has to at least haul my steel belted cooler, and all my campin gear in the trunk. altima just swallows the cargo)

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
how about a 75 International Scout with a durable/trusted I-4 engine, removable top and doors, and a big fat yee haw sticker on the windshield. talk to me, i can make you good deal, oh yeah did I mention manual locking hubs, 8 ball regular shifter and 7 ball 4wd shifter ball?

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
temptin but no 4 banger please. :D

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
well, i happen to have a truck with your name on it!! Red 87 Silverado toting the powerful stroker 383 engine in it (well not yet, have parts) red paint, and interestingly painted left front fender that just doesn't quite match (adds character) 3" yee haw suspension lift and dirt slinging 33" oh momma tires. good deal, ******* front banner included.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts