The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be off topic but not sure...

I recently sold an Injen Intake to Aero8991, another member here and we agreed to a $90 final sale price. He said he's been burned before doing online transactions and asked if he could pay half now and the rest after I shipped. I said coo, and I shipped.

I shipped it out two weeks ago and the tracking number says he got this a week ago. I've been emailing him since but havent got the rest of my payment. I'd be bummed to get burned by a .net member, especially when I let this go cause he's been burned, but how do you handle this situation? Paypal wont do anything cause I'm the seller and they say they cant protect sellers... wtf?

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
LOl, you are the one who got burned! :D

Some people aren't very christian like these days

·
DIY'er
6,658 Posts
I think that unless people who are buying or selling are willing to meet your standards for sales, you won't be successful.
I get pictures, I get all information and personal information (phone number, address and no P.O. Box, full first name and last name) as well as past sales information and past sales review. You have to be cautious as a buyer or a seller online, or else, you'll end up burned, most definitely.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Why would you agree to such a thing to a person who only has 22 post on this board? I think that you should just cut your losses and count this as a lesson learned. Just don't worry about it, it will come back on him 10x worst, long as you know that you did the right thing.

·
Retired Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I do have his address and everything since this was done through Paypal. The guy is out in Connecticut, and I have some friends out at Yale Uni. who could probably find this guys phone number and what not using the address. I dont know if I should do this though, dont want to be all aggressive like that.

maybe ill just wait a bit more, see if he ever comes around...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Trust no one.

Shiiiiit, I'd do a nice Chi Town meet and greet on his/her ass...

A good friend of mine, ex-good friend, recently broke into my parents house and took $1800 worth of cash and goods. Now I find myself the proud owner of his car, digital camcorder, his wallet, and his PS2. It's ****ed up, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

You sound like a nice person, so I would suggest looking up a thread on here about how to not get ripped off on the internet. It's got various options as to what you can do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
its only $45....nothing to lose sleep over. it just means you have to work a couple extra hours to make it up for doin a transaction like that. its pay all now, or never get your product. now ya know for future sales.

·
BUCK FUTTER
1,675 Posts
Seems like common sense, but there are the few jacka$$es out there that ruin it for everyone else. Give 'im a call from a phone other than your own (or one that doesn't show up on caller ID), and see if he picks up. See if he has an explaination behind the non-payment. If he's a dick about it, then get your friends to mess him up.

·
Retired Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jayman101 said:
Seems like common sense, but there are the few jacka$$es out there that ruin it for everyone else. Give 'im a call from a phone other than your own (or one that doesn't show up on caller ID), and see if he picks up. See if he has an explaination behind the non-payment. If he's a dick about it, then get your friends to mess him up.
lol... anyone here in connecticut, who might want to do me a big favor?

·
Registered
128 Posts
A member here agreed to sell his car to another member, interstate. The buyer drove a few hours to get to the meeting place, but the seller never showed. The seller was since banned from altimas.net. Aero8991 would deserve at least the same treatment.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Well...what did he say?

I told you just let it go, Just let God take care of him.

Heb 10:30 - We know him that said, Vengeance belongs to me, and I will repay, says the Lord.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts