The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 Alty w/ 80.000 miles. Tune up done @ 65,000 miles.

Lately alty has been idleing pretty bad. It stays right @ 500 rpms and shakes like hell. Then today, waitin @ a light I begin to accelerate, and starts hesitating bad. Kept drivin to make sure it wasnt me, and it was still hesitating. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New:

Plugs
Wires
Oil
Transmission Fluid
Antifreeze
Batterie
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Serpentine Belt

I was thinkin about gettin my fuel system cleaned out. Will that help?

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
sounds to me that you have a bad spark plug. Your fuel system should not require cleaning at 80k. Maybe at 100k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked spark plugs, 1 spark plug has oil all over it. I'm gonna get a new set of plugs. But does oil in a spark plug mean that my valve cover is shot? I am noticing some oil spots around the cover. If so, anyone know where I can get a valve cover from? I checked 3 junkyards, none.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Does it "shudder" at start-up when you crank it in the mornings??

Idle Air Control Valve. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on the car**, idle wasnt bad, but acceleration has gotten worse. Now the car kinda jumps, and hesitates back and forth. The RPM's kinda get stuck, as if not wanting to move. It only happens when I'm in 1st, after that its fine. Any other suggestions?:)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try taking your distributor cap off and checking to see if any oil is getting in there.. Anything getting on the distributor rotor could affect that a little.. Also see if the distributor rotor is burnt out meaning dark around the edges.. Do all this before considering a new cap or whole distributor.. A lot of dealers will tell you that its the whole distributor just to get more money from you and end up only changing the rotor... DONT GET :eek:wned: by the auto shops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts