The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows who sells the best pop charger (price wise and also quality wise)? or WAI?
Before I get flamed, I did searched. But of course I just wanted opinions from real Altima owners :D

·
Banned
942 Posts
get Injen CAI intake, during raining season you can convert to WAI, when its sunny and no rain you can change it back to CAI.

5 Minute Morph :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I guess I go towards CAI......Yea the only reason I was thinking about WAI is because I'm in Tampa, Florida...and right now is raining season. I'll hate to see my car choke w/water. Or maybe there is some king of cover for the filter? Anyone have done anything like it?

JerryJ : Will the AEM BPV will fit perfectly on the injen? how much was the whole set up?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
If you think you might want to go WAI, don't waste your money on a popcharger. Instead, go with a product that completely replaces the factory stuff all the way to the throttle body (unless you do like I did and use the flexible throttle body coupling.

Some good choices out there and I fail to see any real difference between a quality CAI and WAI unit.

Have fun.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
due to the area i live in, my street floods all the time, i dont even want to take a chace of anything, so i was just going to get a drop in K&n fitler, but then saw SWA has a pop charger for $55, so i opted to go that rout. it adds alot to the car, and the sound is great. only thing now that im waiting for is a mid pipe for it. hopefully some company out there will come out with one

here is a sound clip, not the greatest, its recorded from inside the car using my the voicenote function on my cell phone. you still get the idea what its like
intake sound clip

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
WYCK said:
JerryJ : Will the AEM BPV will fit perfectly on the injen? how much was the whole set up?
If you get the AEM 20-403S Bypass Valve it will fit but you need to make 3 cuts on the Injen to compensate for the BPV. It's exactly 1 1/2" longer with the BPV. If you look at my registry it will show you were to make the cuts.

Each cut is 1/2" x 3 = 1 1/2"

I got everything at SWA. Total cost for Injen Racing CAI (Polish) & AEM Bypass Valve shipping included was $270. I think Alex gave me & Caliboy a deal since we ordered two of each. Give him a call! He will do you right!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
GTW00 said:
due to the area i live in, my street floods all the time, i dont even want to take a chace of anything, so i was just going to get a drop in K&n fitler, but then saw SWA has a pop charger for $55, so i opted to go that rout. it adds alot to the car, and the sound is great. only thing now that im waiting for is a mid pipe for it. hopefully some company out there will come out with one

here is a sound clip, not the greatest, its recorded from inside the car using my the voicenote function on my cell phone. you still get the idea what its like
intake sound clip
You can use the OEM midpipe that's made out of rubber or get a midpipe from Frankencar. I don't know the cost but when it's all said and done. It would be the cost of a CAI. A CAI can be converted very easily to a WAI. I don't think that it floods all year round in your area. Plus AEM offers a bypass valve to prevent water from going in your engine. AEM is reputable, they even tested an Acura NSX to prove that the bypass trully works. You will have both worlds.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
WYCK said:
Does anyone knows who sells the best pop charger (price wise and also quality wise)? or WAI?
Before I get flamed, I did searched. But of course I just wanted opinions from real Altima owners :D
I got mine (JWT Popcharger) from Mossy Performance. Awesome sound, even louder than Stillen WAI.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
JerryJ said:
Plus AEM offers a bypass valve to prevent water from going in your engine. AEM is reputable, they even tested an Acura NSX to prove that the bypass trully works. You will have both worlds.
If you read their description carefully, they say they don't 100% guarantee that. Plus if you guys had blown your engine once like me because of CAI :angry2: :angry4: , you would never buy another CAI for your daily driven vehicle... bottom line I don't think it's worth that extra ~5hp...
this is just me.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
JerryJ said:
You can use the OEM midpipe that's made out of rubber or get a midpipe from Frankencar. I don't know the cost but when it's all said and done. It would be the cost of a CAI. A CAI can be converted very easily to a WAI. I don't think that it floods all year round in your area. Plus AEM offers a bypass valve to prevent water from going in your engine. AEM is reputable, they even tested an Acura NSX to prove that the bypass trully works. You will have both worlds.
every time it rains, very proor drainage, plus i live at the bottom of a hill.

also i have a 2.5, franken car doesn't make a mid pipe thats specific to the 2.5 engine

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Linh said:
you don't lose power going from CAI to WAI, if anything it's the other way around.
true, the air has less corners in a short ram WAI and also it gets plenty of air when moving, but the CAI cets cooler air when stopped and sitting

·
18" SHOES
308 Posts
wyck,
I just put a pop charger in my car this weekend. I got the adapter from SWA for $30 then I bought a conical filter (silver w/ chrome trim) for $20 from Advance Auto. The only thing I need now is a bracket to hold the filter up. I guess about $5-$10. Anyway as far as sound it sounds a bit thoatier like a BWM (might be exaggerating), and I get a better throttle response w/ quicker acceleration. I went this route because of the rain factor and also the price. Pop charger=$50... CAI=$190-$230. You would be lucky if you got 5 more hp at the wheels off of a CAI.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea I'm think I might go with the WAI. b/c of the weather problem...(rain) here in tampa bay. when it rain it gets nasty down here... that's the biggest reason I'm gonna go with wai. Thanks everyone for your replies.
I'll let you all know when I get one. I might do what K-Live did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts