The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
no longer a newbie
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i really need your help... every time i turn and go over a bump i hear a popping noise in the rear of my car.... i searched and found some things on swaybar bushings... what are my options.... should i just go get replacement ones, or try to grease them??? it just started this a week ago... it sounds like something is rolling around in my trunk.... i'm at a loss here... i was going to order a eibach drop from SWA, but i'm a little nervous about doing it and then finding something is majorly wrong.... any help will be appreciated..
thanx
tom

·
no longer a newbie
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just got done checking the springs and their fine..... any other suggestions??? please guys i need some help...thanx

·
Registered
218 Posts
i hear a noise.... not a "pop" when i go over crazy large bumps when it is real cold... like -20 outside,.. thats all i can think of if it aint your springs ( check em good man )

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
A lot of times altimas when they are cold make that noise in the back when you hit say a speed bump (my 94 and friends 98 both do it). Does the car do it when its warm outside? Does it just do it when you first start to drive the car? Struts OK (not leaking)?

·
no longer a newbie
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it does it warm and cold...i didn't see anything leaking from the struts.. the funny thing is that i when i bounce the rear of the car it doesnt do it.... i'm stumped.. i guess that i'll order a new sway bar with poly bushings and see is anything helps... thanx for the help guys...

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
It could also be a strut mount. They are located under the rear speaker deck. Try having someone drive your car and you sit in the back seat. When it pops you would hear it for sure, or you can always pull the speaker deck out and take a look for yourself.

·
no longer a newbie
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey superstyl thanx for the help on this... i'm such a retard... when i got it up on the lift i noticed that my cool custom exhaust was hitting on the frame... i went to Collins and had them move the hanger and now all is well... thanx for everything

·
8,809 Posts
couple suggestions.
- check that your muffler isn't hitting the rear sway bar (this is a problem w/second and 2.5 gens)
- check that the end links on your sway bar are tightened all the way, you need both a ratchet and an open ended wrench to tighten them

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
not a problem. If youre still thinking about lowering your car, i can give you some help if you need it as far as install. Ive done 3 of the altimas around fort collins and greeley area, and we also have thread going in the local forums if you want to check it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts