The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a 94 gxe and whenever i take off from a stop i hear this sorta pop and then when it shifts from 1st to 2nd it does it again but all other gears are fine(its an auto also) i thought it was my tranny but my mechanic says the tranny is fine, so i figured maybe one of the half shafts are broken but after i replace them it still does it. what else could it be????? oh yea it mostly sounds like it is comeing from the passenger side wheel.....

please any help or suggestions i need to get this fixed!!!!

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody else have this problem???

·
Registered
67 Posts
well i got that problem, but mine is in a 1999 GXE...i have no idea what it is...i basically just hope that it keeps on going....this is the first that i've heard from somebody with the same thing

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm.... well if you figure it out let me know, and i will do the same....

·
Registered
67 Posts
alright

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Do you have aftermarket lowering springs?

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
look at your flex pipe on the exhaust... those rust out big time, it could cause some rattling that may sound like a pop under hard acceleration.

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i feel a pop also

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
cthunder said:
look at your flex pipe on the exhaust... those rust out big time, it could cause some rattling that may sound like a pop under hard acceleration.
no rust in arizona.:D

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
i think i am the only arizonian who doesn't use ac. window is just as good :p

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any help here??? i dont run my a/c either unless my girl is in the car......

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
enigma94 said:
yes, why??
Your springs might not be seated properly, or torqued down properly at the top of the strut/spring assembly. Also, if it's not torqued down properly at the bottom of the assembly at the steering hub, you'll get noise, premature wear, etc etc. Make sure that all the bolts are tightend down properly, and that there is no lateral motion of the spring on the spring perch.

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good idea, i installed it all myself so i am pretty sure it isnt that, so you have any other ideas what it could be???

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Your Tranny ECU may have learned some bad habits. Do you drive hard (run up to redline, etc.)?

I have a 1999 GXE with an Auto. When I go to the road course, I manually row through the gears 1-2-D and D-2-1. Most of the acceleration time is spent at WOT, and during the course of the day, my tranny learns to shift Hard and Fast. For a few days after the Track Day, it continues to shift hard and fast, even at partial throttle. After the tranny figures out: "Hey! I'm not at the racetrack anymore!", it shifts slow and soft again.

Try resetting your ECU. See if that fixes it. There have been numerous posts about how to reset the ECU. The reason I'm suggesting that you search is to hide the fact that I've never reset my ECU before, so I don't know how... I just know it can be done. :p

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, the guy that had it before me did that hole 1-2-d shit so..thanks man, hopefully it will fix it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts