The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be meeting with a rep from UTI of Avondale, AZ sometime this week and based on approval will be attending UTI down your guys way sometime after the end of this year. Just wanted to find out what you guys know of the area, the school and what not and how hard finding a job/housing is gonna be. Seriously can't wait to come to some real .net meets and see all of your cars in person.

·
enjoy
2,307 Posts
well i like phx,i've lived here all of my life...apartments range from $400-$900 (ugly ghetto places-good places)

i just find out about an apartment in nw phx for $589 a month on a 13 month lease!it was just built in 2000 and it looks very nice.1 bed room,1 bath patio,washer & dryer,etc..

or a house,they're raising prices like crzay!range from $100,000-$300,00-anything more is too much

my brother just bought a brand new house (almost done-next month)one for about $112,000 for a two story 4 bed room, 2 bath,and a two car garage in west phx,about 30 min away from phx..and he only put $5,000 down and he s only like 24yrs old..
things are cheaper here than any place i know of..

good luck,im looking foward to meeting u and ur car!

by the way u should live in nw phx or east

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
I will be graduating from UTI in feb. asleepaltima graduated like 10 years ago.........

good school, good town, good peeps.

good luck

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are some good places to look for homes? I'll be coming down there with my friend and we want to get a house/rent instead of an apartment.

How good is the training/quality of the shops at UTI? Let me know what you think of it all Ultimatuc

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
dang... i graduated in 93... it HAS been a long time... its a good school for learning how to diagnose problems. if you can diagnose a problem, and diagnose it correctly - you CAN fix an engine. the school is what you make it.

·
enjoy
2,307 Posts
asleepaltima said:
dang... i graduated in 93... it HAS been a long time... its a good school for learning how to diagnose problems. if you can diagnose a problem, and diagnose it correctly - you CAN fix an engine. the school is what you make it.
fix my car then!!

houses are nice and not too expensive in northwest phx,but very price-y in the easy valley...i was going to rent then buy a house on about 20th st & camelback for like $600 a month and it was built like two years ago,4 bedroom,two car garage...etc.etc..but it was a friend trying to sell it to my fiance so maybe thats why it was cheaper...but ya' look in the n.w. valley or east valley but not too far (farther u go more expensive they are)

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Nismom said:
B! You're graduating already?!?! Has it been that long? I've been gone a while, haven't I? :sad:

hey Shandi. how you been?

the1snow1man. If youre looking to get into this industry, then UTI is where you need to be. get good grades and have a good attitude and you can do whatever you want. their job placement program kicks ass. I'm looking at a starting salary of $50K when I get out in the field.

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot guys, I'll be coming down to visit the campus and look into jobs/housing sometime this or next month...let me know if you see anything before I get there. My friend and I will be looking to rent a good size 3-4 bedroom house with atleast a 2 car garage, something in the $600-1200 a month range.

Thanks Ultimatuc, thats exactly what I've been hearing about UTI and I'm really looking forward to it.

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
The area where the school is located has been growing, you might find some housing around there. I'd suggest NW Phoenix/Glendale are, not ghetto and near school.

·
Registered
8 Posts
dude its really cool that your moving to phoenix.... you'll find alot things in dis lil town and we also have the best altimas around, they are fast beatilful looking ... ur going to love it .... oh but theres de weather hot hot hot hot or cold cold cold cold ..... hit up us up when you r down here.... :cool:

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might be coming down for a week from 8/31 to 9/4 to check out housing, jobs and the campus...i'll let you all know when its official

1 - 14 of 14 Posts