The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what it's called, but it's part #9 here: CENTER CONSOLE.. Fits: Nissan Sentra | Nissan Parts Webstore

You rotate a little knob to make one or two shims pop out that essentially makes the one or both of the cup holder smaller, to fit smaller drinks and bottles (one of my favorite features). It came apart this weekend. The bottom screw came out, so all the pieces neatly followed (just the screw and two of the shim pieces).

It doesn't look like it would be too hard to replace if I could get that piece out, but I don't know how to get it out. I didn't feel any release latches under it, and there's not enough clearance for a stubby screwdriver (not to mention the fact that I wouldn't really be able to see what I was doing).

I noticed on that parts page above that it's included in the 'Console cup holder' assembly. Is it possible to repair or replace this piece, or do I need to replace the whole thing?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Don't have one, but sometimes getting it out of the vehicle helps you figure out how to dissassemble things. Here's a semi-useful video...you'll have to pardon the author, looks like he's been living in his car with a small child for some time... Seriously, that car is only 4 years old in that video... yeccch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts