Nissan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have an 08 Altima 2.5 with about 270k. It was working perfectly fine until this morning. :(

It starts up just fine but as soon as i put it in gear (reverse or drive) it stalls out. No problems when its in Park or Neutral. I don't have any lights on the dash.

From what I'm reading online, its possible that the is a problem with the CVT transmission. Anyone run into a similar problem or have any suggestions on what else can be causing the problem?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,447 Posts
If you feather the gas pedal can you keep the engine going when in gear, or does it always cut out? Is there any evidence that the vehicle is trying to move?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, I have an 08 Altima 2.5 with about 270k. It was working perfectly fine until this morning. :(

It starts up just fine but as soon as i put it in gear (reverse or drive) it stalls out. No problems when its in Park or Neutral. I don't have any lights on the dash.

From what I'm reading online, its possible that the is a problem with the CVT transmission. Anyone run into a similar problem or have any suggestions on what else can be causing the problem?
Have you checked the brake peddle switch?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I give it gas I can get it moving but as soon as I slow down or come to a stop it dies.

I recall replacing the brake paddle switch a few years back. Don't recall exact the issue then but I think it had to do with getting the shifter out of park .

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,447 Posts
Could be unrelated to transmission...like maybe the MAF...any codes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
d0ugmac1
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing