The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 1016 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grey out your license plates for privacy issues.

I'll post mine when I actually get the car, hopefully it won't be delayed anymore... :banghead:

How to post pictures:

Join Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket its fast and free.

After you join you can download your pictures from your computer. After the images are downloaded they will assign four links, Email & IM,
Direct Link, HTML tag, and IMG code.

The IMG code is the easiest to use. Just right click on the IMG URL tag and it will say copied. Now when you are posting in a thread just right click again and left click on paste. The link will be displayed, not the picture. To see the picture before you post hit the Preview Post button and voila, you have pictures.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just installed the fog lights, really easy. Waiting for stock on the rear spoiler. Oh yea, ordered the center caps for the Murano wheels off ebay.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
The black looks really nice. Sadly not such a great idea for the Vegas heat and the amount of dust in the air. I'd have to keep cleaning the thing constantly. Those Murano 20s really do look good on that car, the size is just right for the car. Good job guys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a black 4Runner in Vegas when I was out there for a couple of years. Not only is it impossible to keep clean with the dust, but it's near impossible to wash your car in the summertime... water evaporates so fast in the heat and leaves mineral deposits.

Are the water cops still going around giving people tickets?

The black looks really nice. Sadly not such a great idea for the Vegas heat and the amount of dust in the air. I'd have to keep cleaning the thing constantly. Those Murano 20s really do look good on that car, the size is just right for the car. Good job guys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had a black 4Runner in Vegas when I was out there for a couple of years. Not only is it impossible to keep clean with the dust, but it's near impossible to wash your car in the summertime... water evaporates so fast in the heat and leaves mineral deposits.

Are the water cops still going around giving people tickets?
Not that I've seen. I have my sprinklers set for 7 days a week...only allowed 3...and I haven't been bugged about it yet. But then again I guess someone has to call and complain. I've also had a couple black cars...both Jettas, and man are they a pain to keep clean. Even polishing was a pain, the polish would leave swirls marks that you had to buff out. Then half an hour later the car was gray from the layer of dust that would cover it. One of the reasons I went with silver.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I noticed you had green lawns! ;-)

The silver looks great.

Not that I've seen. I have my sprinklers set for 7 days a week...only allowed 3...and I haven't been bugged about it yet. But then again I guess someone has to call and complain. I've also had a couple black cars...both Jettas, and man are they a pain to keep clean. Even polishing was a pain, the polish would leave swirls marks that you had to buff out. Then half an hour later the car was gray from the layer of dust that would cover it. One of the reasons I went with silver.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I noticed you had green lawns! ;-)

The silver looks great.
Thanks. The ironic thing is that I initially went down for a black one like a dummy, I should know better then that by now. They weren't able to find the one that was on their website, so the silver was a second choice...and the spoiler was an added benefit that the black one didn't have. LOL. I made out on that deal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the Murano wheels off ebay from allfactorywheels.com. They were freshly refurbished and looked brand new when I got them. Paid 235 per wheel. Center caps where extra but ordered a new set on ebay for 23 bucks for four. Dealer wanted 58 buck per cap. I put Nitto 555 245/35/20 tires on it. Ride is still awesome and cornering is a dream.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got the Murano wheels off ebay from allfactorywheels.com. They were freshly refurbished and looked brand new when I got them. Paid 235 per wheel. Center caps where extra but ordered a new set on ebay for 23 bucks for four. Dealer wanted 58 buck per cap. I put Nitto 555 245/35/20 tires on it. Ride is still awesome and cornering is a dream.
Yeah the 20s look just right on that body. I looked and they were up to 300 a pop. Looks like I'll be going a different route with mine.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
In our Master Gardener classes we were told to only water DEEPLY once a week. In Oklahoma that becomes twice a week when the temperatures get into the triple digits. You should put down 1" each time you water. You can measure this by putting a cat food can or similar small can down and see how long it takes to accumulate 1" of water. That is a little less than an hour in my yard.

Excuse the thread jack, but it might help keep your car nicer looking.

·
Registered
134 Posts
In our Master Gardener classes we were told to only water DEEPLY once a week. In Oklahoma that becomes twice a week when the temperatures get into the triple digits. You should put down 1" each time you water. You can measure this by putting a cat food can or similar small can down and see how long it takes to accumulate 1" of water. That is a little less than an hour in my yard.

Excuse the thread jack, but it might help keep your car nicer looking.
The wife has a landscape architecture degree so we got the yards covered. The car lives in the garage all the time so the paint will keep looking beautiful for as long as possible.

1 - 20 of 1016 Posts