The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sup Ernis Sans
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never really thought I would do this but after Cleaning my engine up one day, and liking the results, one of my neighbors suggested getting my VC powder coated.. I was like "nah" its fine.. But the thought stuck so that week i searched the board and found one for sale by 3391 from this thread
So I bought right then.. crazy impulse buying at 1am...and found a powder coating place also on here from this thread the place is called TRG coating. I am extremely pleased with there work.
The entire project was about 140 installed, thats including oem nissan gaskets.

Though.. oops!... as I was put the bolts back on i torqued one to much and snapped it.. crap!.. but I'll be fixing that next weekend.

To some I know its probably not much but I'm really excited to have something visually appeasing under the hood for a change. :D ;)

here are the results of my midnight impluse :rolleyes: :p

·
Sup Ernis Sans
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
-=Live..Love..Burn..Die=-
246 Posts
That looks nice! I'm gonna get my Valve cover painted sometime next month by TRG Coating. I have to install my Evo3 body kit & Z3 fenders first though! Then i'm gonna start painting my interior panels. :)

·
I love DDEs
2,402 Posts
oh nice, that blue is looking hot!

·
Sup Ernis Sans
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ZedStyle said:
do the strut bar to match
Somewhat considering it...
One of the guys that was helping with the VC mentioned that. or i mentioned it to them.. Something like that. Maybe... need more $$.. ;) ;)

BTW.. nice first gen.

·
Sup Ernis Sans
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick said:
looks good

fyi, valve covers do not require hardly any torque at all.
Something that I have now found out VIA the hard way. :bonk:

I tried to 'easy out' it, but to no avail... actually most of that broken piece is still in there. I tried drilling it all out but i actually had broken on of my easy out bits in there and they broke on of the drill bits.. so after :rolleyes: 3 HOURS. i let it alone and just put it all back together and just silconed that old piece back in there for cosmetic purposes.

I'll be checking regularly for any leaks. but i'm pretty sure it'll be alright.

I am happy with the way it looks nonetheless.

thanks you guys and girls for those that commented. :)

·
Sup Ernis Sans
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i better watch out or i'll end up like the carbon fiber king ;) ;)

·
Banned
257 Posts
Just FYI, I use to powdercoat, and its easy and inexpensive to do it yourself. It helps to have a second oven, and u can buy the powdercoat kit from eastwood.com

It looks so much better than paint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts