The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2nd Gen Altima. Where would i feed the power cable for my amp thru the firewall? is there a hole somewhere for other cables? Or would i have to drill a hole just for the power cable?

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
865 Posts
Yup right behind the brake pedal. Use a hanger to get the wire through easier.

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
i just drilled my firewall, they got a cutout for it in the upper left hand corner above the carpet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
maybe all altimas are different or something, because I have a '99 GLE..and i looked and couldnt find a hole in the firewall for me to use...so i had to take it to a stereo place and they put it in...make sure to check for road noise too when you first gget it, like a bad whining noise when you accelerate...cause i've had my amp in for about a month or so, and its still there, i have to go get it taken care of

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
chrome.altima. said:
maybe all altimas are different or something, because I have a '99 GLE..and i looked and couldnt find a hole in the firewall for me to use...so i had to take it to a stereo place and they put it in...make sure to check for road noise too when you first gget it, like a bad whining noise when you accelerate...cause i've had my amp in for about a month or so, and its still there, i have to go get it taken care of
check your grounds

·
Registered
133 Posts
On my 98 2ng Gen, I found no hole behind the brake pedal. But I did find a cutout in the firewall insulation. I drilled through that to come out on the other side.

I beleive on the later 2nd gens (2000 above) there is a hole in this spot.

Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really don't wanna drill. There was no hole that i could fit the wire thru... atleast one that was fairly easily accesible. I did find the cutout underneath the insulation but, again, i don't wanna drill. My buddy's dad is an electrician and he used to hook up car audio systems; he said that i could take the 12v power from the same source that the head unit is getting it from. Would that cause any problems?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Bad idea... you'll most definately pop the fuse. and that wire isn't meant to supply that kind of power.

·
Po-rican
21 Posts
Use the hole for hood release, cut groomet some and you can run wire thru the fender poping up right next to battery. I have 4 gauge running thru the groomet on a 98 gle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.