The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rogue SV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Rogue owner. 2019 SV loaded. The 12V power outlets always have power. This will drain battery power, perhaps even over night, as I leave my Garmin GPS in the car. MY MDX Acura...when ignition was turned off so did the power to the outlets.. Is there a work around solution?

·
Registered
2019 Rogue SV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some cars the ignition has to be on for power to be there and some wire to be on all the time. You'd have to put a switch in to stop it.
Thx for the response. Many European cars have that already....Can a Nissan dealer pot that switch in and whats the approx cost

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You're asking cost for something rarely done. I myself would be doing that for free plus maybe a good $10 switch. Except that I go the other way, I WANT the power on all the time, it makes airing up tires quicker. I never leave things plugged into power plugs, too easy to start a fire.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Nissan may well refuse to do a switch like that at dealer level, it violates the way the car is built, they may not want the liability issues from the change. Any change from OEM is commonly avoided by smart dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts