The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autozone autozone autozone.... smfh what a fu***ing disgrace. I never dealt with a company with such faulty parts in my life. I don't understand why parts aren't tested before stamping them good to go. I simply replaced the high pressure hose and the pump and the pump isn't working, actually went from a small leak to a full blown pump malfunction. All of the guys who say "oh it's the installers problem" can kindly like up and suck my d*ck. Thanks. That's my autozone rant for the week, stay tuned when I replace the AC compressor

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
You'll likely do that wrong too. Starting with, most a/c compressors are changed for zero solid reason at all. PS pumps commonly the same way.

I used to sell both parts among many others and the installer IS the problem about 70% of the time. I used to even rebox the 'bad' parts to have the next guy reuse them with zero issues at all.

MANY supposedly good parts ARE bad out of the boxes but many more are ruined by the installers to get that way.

The installer is the main reason lifetime warranty has devolved into being what it is, a changeout program for bad parts. When the installers are so silly they cannot properly change out the parts without damage, then there is no need to supply 100% good parts, they will just tear those up too.

What lifetime warranty REALLY means is that they will continue to supply you with parts for as long as you want them, the quality really doesn't come into that at all. Anybody thinking lifetime has to do with how long the parts should last is sadly mistaken. It is part of the giveaway of giving out parts no questions asked any longer, the buying public is too childish to be easily offended at insinuation they are not good enough to do DIY, so the chains give them garbage instead and luck getting a good one.

When I last sold parts they got onto me for finding bad ones all over the place, they then ordered me to sell them just like that. Not AZ either.

Why I quit buying OTC years ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so your 1st in line lol... yeah no... I didn't install it wrong. I went and returned the pump to autozone for cash. Also new one came today and I swapped it out, and holy shit guess what? It works lmao cardone pumps are the way to go. So yeah my ac compressor doesn't engage. It's a 2001 altima gxe out of nevada... trust me it's time to replace it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I've got compressors on 250K mile cars still running. Never replaced one in 45+ years except for one way back in my early history that I damaged out of stupidity. That one would not have needed to either if I knew what I was doing. I can often repair one for pennies anyway. A compressor not engaging is no reason to change one, I often fix that in 15 minutes for like $1.

A-1 Cardone is one of the better lines but they can ship you garbage too, used to sell them. They make very good CV axles for the cost. Their carbs were garbage back in the day, I had to rework some of them to get them to work. Like the starters and alternators, often what makes them bad can be fixed in minutes. I rebuilt my own PS pumps and racks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya. What should I do? I drained the freon and re charged it to proper psi and it still doesn't click on.. u can hear it just not engaging. I'm stumped lol, I'll try anything Nevada is 107 right now. I also believe the kid I got this from tried to recharge it with the ac pro b.s from walmart and just plugged it and squeezed the trigger because when I drained it the shit was green and yellow foam and the pressure was all the way in the red on the gauge. The blower motor is fine it blows hard. Heat works. Ac does work very rarely when I'm on the highway. Any suggestions is appreciated although it won't be replaced for a while as I'm in the process of putting new control arms and tie rods and everything to include a front end rebuild.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The green and yellow crap is UV dye. ALL systems will read in the red if using the one gauge idiot method, the low side measures around 50 max but compressor not on is about 90-110 psi static and of course you max gauge then. You cannot competently charge a/c using only one gauge but they do it because idiots would blow fingers and such off not knowing what they are doing. High side at 100 degrees like today can be 325+ psi on R134A and will explode a can of freon hooked up to it at only 75 psi. It can kill you easily and why the one gauge only method, it saves millions in lawsuits when idiots cannot do things capably. You absolutely cannot tell when to stop charging when using one gauge only, it's the missing one that tells you when to quit.

If your a/c clutch is dead then you won't hear it come on. Can be shorted, grounded, or bearing dead to knock it off or even too loose from wear and what the $1 fix does, shim it up tighter to make the clutch plate begin to work again. The faceplate commonly needs flat file work to make it more compatible to lock up better. You can also buy just the clutch but most stores will not tell you that, they would rather get the bigger compressor sale. I never do that, clutch only, much cheaper. I even used to buy the individual parts (faceplate, coil, pulley) when the dealers used to sell them but they stopped that to make you buy lots more parts in subassemblies to have to pay for what you don't need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts