The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'05 Altima SE-R '96 240SX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Altima SE-R 3.5.

So, I believe this piece is called the power valve actuator. At least from looking online and in the FSM that seems to be what it's called.

Anyways if you take a look at the attached picture you can see the the metal rod it out of its hole. I put it in there, but it just comes back out after driving. Am I missing a piece that holds it on? I can't seem to find a good picture online that clearly shows that part of this piece. And I really can't even find much information about the piece at all.

Any ideas?

If someone could snap a close up picture of this piece on their 3.5 that'd be awesome. Thanks!

·
Altimer
824 Posts
That's the vias assembly. There's lots of information in the forum about it. You can actually remove the three bolts that attach the assembly to the intake then remove the butterfly valve you'll find when you pull it out. What the assembly does that you're seeing is turn a valve open and closed to either build pressure in the upper shelf of the intake (closed) or let air into the rest of the intake (open). By removing the valve air will be allowed to flow through the entire assembly. Some claim you'll lose low end power and gain top end. Not confirmed though. It will solve your problem if the valve is not opening.

·
'05 Altima SE-R '96 240SX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike James. Yea, I'd actually seen where some people said that about possibly losing low end power and gaining top end power. I'm not sure if there's exactly a problem, but I just saw it kept coming out.

But, I actually found this youtube video that shows this piece and there's supposed to be a plastic piece holding this rod in place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwLCmjl8UM

I'm sure the dealer doesn't sell this piece separately, so maybe I can find one at a junkyard.

Thanks again!

·
Altimer
824 Posts
You could try creating a wanted to buy thread asking if anyone still has their assembly after replacing it with the block plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts