The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just gutt out the PRE-CAT the one that bolts up to the exhaust manifold ...has anyone done this..after 30 mins i got all the concerte honeycomb out ..just wanted to know if anyone has done this ..i havent install it in the car just yet because im going to have a muffler shop make me a bigger down pipe and a new flex pipe ...is there any benfit gutting that honeycomb out ..(its a spare manifold) you guys think i should be able to exit more exhuast flow ? for those who know or has done it let me know ..thanks ....

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
as far as i know, you're the first for the pre-cat gut. It sounds like a good idea and you should get a little more flow out of it, especially with the larger down pipe. I actually was thinking of something very similar to this the other day, I'm curious to know how it turns out.

Keep us posted

everything should be straight, good luck

·
Banned
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it was acutally Nismos idea ..when i met him at the car show ...made sense since if you get headers you lose the torque but gain top end....and if im hittting the highway, top end wont matter anyways i rather pull 1-2-3 offline racing ..well imma try and get that put on and maybe find someone with a dremel so i can kinda of bored out the stock manifold ports ...i would extrude hone it like Nismo said but i think its a little bit out of my pockets ...then take it to the muffler shop see how much the down pipe will be .... i keep u guys update it ....Hey Nismo where uve been? .... saw you last week flying down unversity ...hit me up so we can chill ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts