The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ok I am doing this as well but..

First off the pre-cat keeps backpressure. Dont gut it. Second, Hotshot and Stillen make 2 inch downpipes. I measure mine and stock its 1 13/16. The downpipe should be 2 inches. Third, I am heat coating and wrapping the manifold for the most velocity out of the header. Dont do 2 1/4! I guarantee a loss in power. Also a flex pipe isnt really needed. Thats gonna just hurt flow.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Oh yeah

Did you ever see how big the pre cat is? That things friggen huge. If thats gutted you may no only not pass emissions but lose hp. Cause thats like 4 inches wide! If I dont like the gain im getting I may investigate into 1/2 gutting it if possible.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
One more thing

Have you checked to see if the exhaust manifold ports can get dremeled? I am still investigating into this. I am doing one step at a time. I also just bought a bypass valve to open header at higher rpms.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ok Goku, just got word from Shawn

Oh this is the deal. For the best setup. A 2 1/4 downpipe, dont gut the pre cat, port the exhaust manifold(where the flanges are) if possible, and wrap and heat coat the manifold. This will give awesome results. The gutted pre cat will be detrimental to torque.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
First off your 1fastaltima!

Your so dumb for saying that. Seeing how "Shawn" said to not gut the cat cause you will lose torque! You can gut it and lose low end. I dont think its worth it on our cars since we need all around power especially in launching. Have you seen the precat!! That things f-ing huge! 1/2 gut it? Man your stupid 1fastaltima! Cause this dude wants to pass emissions! Gutting the precats going to fail your emissions! I already said what to do. 2 1/4 downpipe as from the words of "Shawn". Shawn knows his shit and 1fastaltima get a timeslip!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sounds good GOKU!

Honestly dont **** with the precat. Its better to have some torque then lose. I mean do what you want. But I dont like the idea of getting spanked off the line. Me personally.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Umm no

I rather win off the line and the long run! You want both torque and hp! You dont want lower torque then hp. I guess its whatever you want. I am doing what I am doing. Gut your cat if you want. I guess I like pull you back in your seat power and high end as well.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I already talked to shawn!

Its like this gut pre-cat and get 2 1/4 inch piping=alot more high end/loss in low end. Dont gut it the precat and get 2 1/4 inch piping=keep low end/more mid to high end. Id rather keep my torque and gain some more horsepower then lose my original torque and gain alot more hp. Now Id rather have power in all ranges. Gutting the precat only gains alot of high end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.