1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE as of 03-05-2003 4:00pm

Date: March 8 (this Satuday)

Place:
OK so were meeting at Flushing Meadow Park in the parking lot by the boat rental. You can't miss it. The building has a big sign saying "Boat Rental" that can be seen from the Van Wyck Epwy.

Time:
Come by around 1:00pm. I figure it's a Saturday and no one wants to get up early. This will give people time to do stuff (wash up, shower, drive, eat, etc).

We're sticking with the original plan. It looks like the weather is in favor for us.

From Accuweather.com
Saturday 3/8 Forecast in Detail for FLUSHING, NY

Day
Periods of clouds and sun
High 52¦ F
Maximum RealFeel 44¦ F
RealFeel Shade 42¦ F
Winds SW at 15 mph
Wind Gusts 35 mph
Maximum UV 3
Thunderstorm Probability 0%
Amount of Precipitation 0.00
Amount of Rain 0.00
Amount of Snow 0.00
Hours of Precipitation 0
Hours of Rain 0

From Weather.com
Daily Details for Flushing, NY (11367) Mar 8 Sat

Day
High: 47¦F
Partly Cloudy
Wind: From the West Southwest at 15 mph
Precip: 20 %
Max. Humidity: 66 %
UV Index: 3 Low

Night
Low: 35¦F
Partly Cloudy
Wind:From the West at 14 mph
Precip: 20 %
Max. Humidity: 63 %

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
repost of directions to Flushing Meadow Park

From Nassau and Suffolk
LIE west to exit 22b. The exit will say Van Wyck Expy and College Point Blvd. On the service road, at the first light, make a left. Go straight through the next light. You'll find yourself on a road that runs next to the Van Wyck Expy. You'll see a sign for the entrance to Flushing Meadow Park on the right. Enter the park and make a right. Go into the parking lot near the Boat Rental.

From Brooklyn, Manhattan
LIE east to exit 22. The exit will say Van Wyck Expy and Grand Central Pkwy. From the service road, take the exit for Van Wyck Exwy south Kennedy Airport. Keep bearing right on the exit. Coming up quickly, you'll see exit 11 for Flushing Meadow Park / Harry Van Arsdale Jr Ave / Jewel Ave. Take that exit, and coming up on the right quickly is the entrance into the park. Enter the park and make a right. Go into the parking lot near the Boat Rental.

From Brooklyn, Staten Island
Take the Belt Pkwy east towards Kenneday Airport. Then take the Van Wyck Expy north towards Whitestone Bridge. Get off exit 12a. It'll say LIE east. Bear left. There will be a U-turn that will take you to the other side of the Van Wyck and take you to the park. Enter the park and make a right. Go into the parking lot near the Boat Rental.

From the Bronx
Whitestone Bridge to Van Wyck south. Get off exit 11. It'll say Flushing Meadow Park / Harry Van Arsdale Jr Ave / Jewel Ave.Take that exit, and coming up on the right quickly is the entrance into the park. Enter the park and make a right. Go into the parking lot near the Boat Rental.

Or......

Triboro Bridge to Grand Central Pkwy east. Take exit 10 for the LIE east. You'll be on the LIE service road. From the service road, take the exit for Van Wyck Exwy south Kennedy Airport. Keep bearing right on the exit. Coming up quickly, you'll see exit 11 for Flushing Meadow Park / Harry Van Arsdale Jr Ave / Jewel Ave. Take that exit, and coming up on the right quickly is the entrance into the park. Enter the park and make a right. Go into the parking lot near the Boat Rental.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ERyNN29 said:
flare can u get there from the grand central as opposed to the LIE? i hate the LIE..
From Nassau and Suffolk on the Northern State --> Grand Central Pkwy

West on the Northern State/Grand Central Pkwy to exit 11 for Jewel Ave / Harry van Arsdale Jr Ave / 69th Ave. When exiting, take the first right. Once on Jewel Ave, at the 2nd light, make a left and get onto Van Wyck Pkwy north. From Van Wyck, immediately get off at the next exit. Bear left. There will be a U-turn that will take you to the other side of the Van Wyck and take you to the park. Enter the park and make a right. Go into the parking lot near the Boat Rental.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tools that I can bring
- the rachet set with 1/2" and 3/8" drives and sockets, and a 1/2" torque wrench.
- open end box wrenches
- screwdrivers
- jack and jack stands
- dremel
- drill

I need someone to bring a power converter to power the power tools.

ckohl23, you're going to test drive my car on the Van Wyck. "Low end loss? What low end loss?" :)

·
OG
4,071 Posts
great ... if it doesnt rain i'm there ... if it does i wont make it to plan 2
also no audi ... he's gettin his rims this sat ... i'll most likely be rollin alone

not that anyone cares about any of this

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aw crap, we're gonna bite the bullet with this snow on Thurs. Hopefully it'll be all melted when Sat rolls around.

·
majin sayia-jin
634 Posts
ERyNN29 said:
i most likely wont be there. sorrie.
:eek: :(
Y, but Y you can't do this to us :bawl: "J/k"
:p

flarearrow said:
Tools that I can bring
- the rachet set with 1/2" and 3/8" drives and sockets, and a 1/2" torque wrench.
- open end box wrenches
- screwdrivers
- jack and jack stands
- dremel
- drill
Good can I still bring (cai) so you guys can help me please...

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
na975 said:
can someone bump up my timming so i can VARRROOOOMMMMM?
WILDACEX187 is bringing the gun........i want to advance mine too.............

-Robb-

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
i MAY be able to stop by for a few minutes.. ihave soooo much shit to do tomorrow, but i reallly wanna come by for a bit.. that is, if i can drive my car :( it's been at the crib all day and night yesterday and its there all day and night today.. i cant drive it till the roads are dry.. i put my rims on too soon :(

1 - 20 of 108 Posts