The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Something Like A Pimp
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D*mn these alarms suck. I went to the alarm shop yesterday and bought one. I couldn't afford a clifford so the guy recommended prestige. The 129.99 special. It worked fine at the shop. Then when I get home the fu*kin remote won't work. Thank God it's set
on auto arm. When I get in the car it's even worse. I have to open the car let alarm go off then press the remote. Remote only works when I'm inside the car with doors closed. I hate prestige and I hope the products creator burns in hell. Senor Stereo says their alarms have a lifetime warrenty so we'll see monday morning. I want to see if they have autopage I love those alarms ,because they work. :angry4: :angry2: :angry4:

·
Local Guamee...
744 Posts
KennethP said:
It worked fine at the shop. Then when I get home the fu*kin remote won't work.
You try changing the battery? I agree, Prestige sucks sh*t. I had one about 6yrs ago. Guy at the shop says its the "top of the line". Remember, this was in 96. Anyways, to start, the remote sucked, trying to switch to valet was hard as shit, and to disengage without the remote, you had to play with the ignition, et..."turn key on, then off, then on..repeat 3X, then turn off valet" some sh*t like that.

Anyways, Viper is a good alarm. I have one in my 97 Pathfinder (I bought alarm right after getting the car) and I havent had any problems with it since. I believe the new models have the remote start option.

·
Something Like A Pimp
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More news guys. prestige alarm is the worst and if Senor Stereo dosen't get this alarm sh*t straight I'm giving them the thumbs down too. I took my alarm back and it work perfect at the shop. The manager say " It's working here what do you want me to do. " He then says " I'll have a installer check it." Installer palys with it for 20 minutes and says he increased sensitivity and adjust the remote reception wire. Guess what I drive back home and the Piece of Sh*t still doesn't work. I'm going back in the morning to have them swap out this prestige bullsh*t for an Autopage. I've had three Autopages and not one problem. Fu*k prestige they are nothing but sh*t. My remote only works from inside at my house. My parents a bit*hing because, when I leave the house I have to open my car and use the remote once I'm inside to kill the alarm. DON'T BUY PRESTIGE I DON'T CARE WHAT THE ALARM SHOP PEOPLE SAY. Sorry the long post but, I had to vent. My parents gave me curfew until I get the alarm fixed. DON'T
BUY PRESTIGE.:angry2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts