The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im kinda getting sick and tired of having to keep fixing shit ... i got a lot fixed but it seems that new problems just keep popping up

1994 Altima GLE
-Automatic Transmission
-87500 miles
-power sunroof
-01' SE rims with dunlop sp sport 5000 tires(2 need to be replaced)
-fog lights
-recent (within 500 miles) tune-up (fixed an oil-leak) with a change or everything (all belts, liquids, seals) ... engine was completely taken apart and EVERYTHING was fixed (cost me $700)
-ac needs a refill (a can costs $15 at walmart)
-alpine 7872 headunit with 4 new speakers ... plus 2 tweeters along with speakers up front (SUBWOOFER ready with all necessary cables hanging in the trunk ready to be hooked up)
-slight hit on front passenger side (only fender - did not throw off alignment or body (has been checked))
-front suspension perfect, rear seems a little to tight

-i would also add 5 (yes five) 15" steelies with tires ... all NEW with less than 2000 miles, 4 tires are BF-Goodrich Hr4s (one on bent steelie) and one is a "general" brand
-i also have 2 spares : one standard 1st gen spare and 1 sentra spare(stupid dealership gave it to me for free)

the car has all paper work since i got it, all reparis are documented (NO MANUAL) and of course 2 sets of car keys

the vehicle has a clean VIN history (can provide report)... except for the front hit which was not reported (too minor)

other minor dents ... especially on rear bumper BUT NO RUST
engine has been recently cleaned by me - took me 4.5 hours .. so u can bet its damn clean

all lights work (except front passenger sidemarker ... which doesnt exist)

i was hopin around $5000 ... but with all the extra crap maybe more like 5700

kbb says $4,425 ... but thats stock

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well when i bought the car i was gonna put $500 in it total

needed tires ... ok 300
internal oil leak ... ok 700
fender hit ... ok 200
ac (if not a charge) ... 400
now my new tires rubbed out ... 300
speaker ripped ... replaced all 4(to 6) ... 300(with head unit)
now my radiator is leaking !
WHAT ELSE CAN ****IN GO WRONG !

·
TB-3
1,496 Posts
ChickenWing said:
well when i bought the car i was gonna put $500 in it total

needed tires ... ok 300
internal oil leak ... ok 700
fender hit ... ok 200
ac (if not a charge) ... 400
now my new tires rubbed out ... 300
speaker ripped ... replaced all 4(to 6) ... 300(with head unit)
now my radiator is leaking !
WHAT ELSE CAN ****IN GO WRONG !

hmm, i bet alternator is next, mine went out around that time

and then the distributor at 100K

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Tires are usual maintenance cant blame the car, fender hit, not the cars fault, ac usual for an older car. Speakers are an accessory so you didnt have to fix that. Now the radiator you can be mad about and the oil leak you can be mad about. But it is a 94 so maintenance can be expected.

I say keep the car and sell me the fogs to help buy a new radiator. OR sell the car and sell me the fogs :D.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lithium said:
i'm interested in buying the se wheels if you take this ^^ advice...
:)
two of the tires are bald bald bald though ... id be afraid to drive the 60 miles to ny on them (not like i would of course)
the rims are perfect ... i cleaed them almost every weekend
i dont know .. i think i will go back to steelies for a while
like until summer ... BUT I HATE THAT HUBCAP LOOK
i gotta think about it

·
4,020 Posts
I'm not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but even with the benefit of a lot of wheel choices and tires, your car private party value is only $3300 by Edmunds.com (I tend to find the values a little more accurate, but you should take the average of the different values you find). This helps take into account some of the damage you discussed (even if it is minor, still counts). I know you want to recoup some of your money, but I don't think you will get much more then $4000 at best. No offense of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts