The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I getting a good price on a 2.5S with convenience plus package, mud guards, floor mats, cabin filter. its has cloth seats. for 20,900 out the door. is that a good deal? or should i be getting a better price and if i should can you include what you guys got it for? any info would be very appreciated, im in the market to buy this car this month and wondering if im getting ripped or ripping them :)

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
Well, the invoice on your car is 20,364 (with auto I assume you got auto), if manual its even cheaper. On top of that, the dealer is making about $600 on holdback, so you should have been able to negotiate down to around 20,400 easy without a big argument. It's only $500 bucks, so in the scheme of things, no big deal. If you havent committed to the deal yet, work them lower. Know exactly how much it costs them, and how much they are making. If they know that you know your stuff, they are pretty much at your mercy. I paid $52 over invoice for my 3.5SE factory ordered car. They knew who I was before I walked in after coming by 100s of times in the past. I was straight up and told them I knew exactly what they pay for the car, how much they make on holdback, and how much I thought was a fair deal. There first offer was less than 100 over invoice. Not bad, you just gotta know your stuff. Also, get outside financing, gives them MUCH less room to screw with you. I came in with outside, but went with dealer after the price was set (3.9apr)

Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Humanfly said:
i got mine for 18,329 no ceonvenience package though. I guess it's a good price.
You must be kidding! 18329??Do you work at Nissan? I get a supplier discount and mine was sticker 20474 and I got it for 19374 tax, title and allfees.Is your price before taxes?That might explaing it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
niceorange said:
Well, the invoice on your car is 20,364 (with auto I assume you got auto), if manual its even cheaper. On top of that, the dealer is making about $600 on holdback, so you should have been able to negotiate down to around 20,400 easy without a big argument. It's only $500 bucks, so in the scheme of things, no big deal. If you havent committed to the deal yet, work them lower. Know exactly how much it costs them, and how much they are making. If they know that you know your stuff, they are pretty much at your mercy. I paid $52 over invoice for my 3.5SE factory ordered car. They knew who I was before I walked in after coming by 100s of times in the past. I was straight up and told them I knew exactly what they pay for the car, how much they make on holdback, and how much I thought was a fair deal. There first offer was less than 100 over invoice. Not bad, you just gotta know your stuff. Also, get outside financing, gives them MUCH less room to screw with you. I came in with outside, but went with dealer after the price was set (3.9apr)

Good luck!
You need to get Nissan financing.It is 3.9 and their is NO rebate and it is for 60 mos.2.9 for 48 and 1.9 for 36.NO bank will beat that.Sometimes financing cheap means no rebate but their is no rebate on altima anyway

·
Registered
83 Posts
Altima2.5S03 said:
Am I getting a good price on a 2.5S with convenience plus package, mud guards, floor mats, cabin filter. its has cloth seats. for 20,900 out the door. is that a good deal? or should i be getting a better price and if i should can you include what you guys got it for? any info would be very appreciated, im in the market to buy this car this month and wondering if im getting ripped or ripping them :)

I got the same car you're looking to buy. the 2.5S with the conv. pkg, autodimming mirror, mudguards, in cab-micro filter all for 19,500 plus the taxes,title, and license. came out to about 21,500 at the end.

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
nah man my car was out the door for 18329. IT is a 2.5s the dealer was on knees for me to take any 2.5s from his lot. Man i could have so easily nailed him for a 3.5se but my parents were here from india at that time and they wanted me to get a car that was economical. I am happy with my 2.5s though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 2003 2.5s auto for $21500 after taxes, title and everything... It came with pretty much what you're looking for and sunroof. I got it back in November.

·
Registered
181 Posts
that is a good price, we got our 03 S for 20,500, that's total sales price. we never even went to a dealership!! plus they drove it out a 120 miles to our place from palm springs.....NO hagel!!plus it helps if the saleman is one of your customers!!!

this car will get some major upgrades from GT Pro. will disclose more shortly......
later have a good one.
:cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Cards, that was everything taxes,lic.
comes with sunroof,the nice mags,c.d ,p.s.
no leather!! and no rear spoiler.....

we are 500.. over invoice, and for us we feel that was
fair for the dealer and for us......this car is worth the money!!
BUT if you buy this car in Canada it is less!
and it also maybe alot less in Mexico.....how much less?
i do not know!! i maybe wrong on this.....but this what i
understand...

·
Registered
71 Posts
GT PRO Altima said:
Hi Cards, that was everything taxes,lic.
comes with sunroof,the nice mags,c.d ,p.s.
no leather!! and no rear spoiler.....

we are 500.. over invoice, and for us we feel that was
fair for the dealer and for us......this car is worth the money!!
BUT if you buy this car in Canada it is less!
and it also maybe alot less in Mexico.....how much less?
i do not know!! i maybe wrong on this.....but this what i
understand...
So you can buy in canada and bring it to the US?ANY "border" fees?Taxes?
My car is an 03 2.5s with side sills,auto,dimming mirror and microfilter.The sticker was 20400.I got a 2000 or so supplier discount (Actually 4.3 under invoice) and on the road was 19423

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Do you guys think prices are different in different states? I got my 2.5S with conv. package for $22,500 OTD (including fog lights, floormate, micro-filter, alarm, 6-year 75k ext. warranty w/ $50 dedictable.) I read someone gets the SL with similar OTD price just upsets me. Coz I always wanted the SL leathers!

·
Registered
181 Posts
sounds good,but currently im not real sure of all the different
packages that are avaliable, so price will vary..
again with dealerships..you must do your homework,you must be firm on what you want to pay....and be willing to walk away...from the deal if it is not in your favor...the dealership is good at ..wasting your time, and trying everything in the book, to NICK YOU!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
No prices do not differ in the states....any car sold in the United States that comes from the manufacturer has two prices, the invoice and the retail. These are all fixed prices. There are some dealers that are willing to work with the customer in trying to help them make a purchase by shaving of a few dollars off of the retail price (they do this because they are still making money). It depends on what dealer you make your deal with, and it also depends on how informed of a consumer you are.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts