The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time for some springs.

Anyone have experince with both the pro-lines and h&r or first gen.

I dont want too big of a drop both seem reasonable. Just a matter of drivabliliy. Eibachs should be softre but then theres the 40 dollar difference.. :-/

edit.. also wondering, what brand of strut mounts are recommended. I heared that kyb mounts arent that great. should i just get oem?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
H&R's w/ tokico's hands down. Get them and don't look back!

KYB's are good with the Eibach pro-line kit. more of a stock look with a slight drop and a serious improvement in handling.

BUT, the H&R/Tokico combo is better! :bigok:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I'm going w/Eibach's and I suppose the KYB GR-2s for the struts...I figure having even slightly stiffer struts than stock would be better than the regulars....I had even considered Munroe's w/the special valving that stiffens under enough force or acceleration but I'm not sure if I could get them for the '93 Alty....

Jeremy

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
i got eibachs...stock struts...and i love em...get those, you will be really happy...i wont say one is better then the other, as i have no experience with h&r's at all, but im a happy person with those eibachs, really happy!!!

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
I would say the H&Rs, get as much drop as possible with the 1st gens because of that front gap. I've got KYBs in the rear and Tok's in the front (long story) but haven't noticed that much difference between the two. For the size of drop, you should be okay with either, main difference being the price.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
lil_z_33 said:
i got eibachs...stock struts...and i love em...get those, you will be really happy...i wont say one is better then the other, as i have no experience with h&r's at all, but im a happy person with those eibachs, really happy!!!

I've ridden in car's with eibachs and SE stocks (racing gears), eibachs and munroes and H&R's and toks and it's hands down H&R's with tok's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts