The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm kinda a big deal
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp I have a problem. My speedometer needle seems to just stick at 0 and I have to hit on the glass (plastic I guess) a few times for it to jump up to whatever speed I'm going.

Has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you fix it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to have the same problem with u, what I did is take the meter out, and screw all the small screw on the back of the meter really tight. that wrok on my meter. My meter wrok fine now..let me know does it wrok for your meter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
well... it actually depends.. it could be the speed-o-cable... and depending on if you have cruise control, you won't hafta take out the cluster... but then again you might hafta replace the cruise control.. but yeah... just an idea...

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
Larry, you don't have to take out the cluster. You just have to remove the dash trim and pop off the plastic front. Then check that all the little screws are tight, and put it all back. Might take you 60-90 minutes.

·
I'm kinda a big deal
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SuperAlty said:
Larry, you don't have to take out the cluster. You just have to remove the dash trim and pop off the plastic front. Then check that all the little screws are tight, and put it all back. Might take you 60-90 minutes.
johnny come do it for me lover :)

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
check the speed cable too, you MIGHt be able to squeeze your hands back there and push it in if it has gotten loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts