The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SHIFT_continuum
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I installed the Brembo blanks along with PBR MM pads a couple of weeks ago, and I can't say I am very happy with them. They have started to squeak even when clean and no moisture. Also, when I continuously brake to a slow speed from a high speed, it will start to vibrate and lot and make this loud echo sound. Sounds like the rotor is vertically grooved or something, and the car shakes at a high rate. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
are those from the group buy?
i got mine drilled sloted with the same pads. Mine work great.
No squeak at all . i smeared the back of the pad nice and heavy with anti-squeek stuff.
Did you bleed your brakes well??
A bubble on one side may cause unbalanced braking.

·
Warranties fear me
825 Posts
your rotors could also be warped or bent....depending on how the retailer stored them they "can" warp if stored vertically and not horizontally(layed flat).
I know when I had my rotors installed they had to be cut .005" since they were not true......

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
^ditto

regarding the squeak, some aftermarket applications just do that.

nissanguy: man, that's weird. I was just talking to a friend about me being a tire freak and I just noticed your user text...strange. sorry, just had to mention that. carry on.

·
SHIFT_continuum
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when braking from high speeds, the brake seem to become wet or something and the surface seem to be rough at the end. regular surface street braking is fine. I also notice when the wheel is turned, the brake seems wet and rough no matter at what speed i brake at, feels very rough. and yes they are from the group buy..

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
sounds to me like improper installation....the ****s who installed my rotors and brake pads did not align my rear caliper piston with the 2 little tabs on the back rear brake pads...I ended up squeeking randomly, and the pad wore uneven...the whole bottom of the pad go wore down while the top was not even touched.

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
you didnt lube the caliper bolts and check the rubber boots, thats the problem i had and thats how its solved, $5 worth of stuff and half an hour. get some brake lube, lube all of the bolts, replace the boots, done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts