The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man the other day my car died on me. It just shut off without making any weird noises at first or anything. The tach dropped right away too like it is something electronic. Anybody ever have this problem before?

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
my guess is a dead battery due to the alternator not doing it's job. Check both.

did the car start up after it died? Or did it stay dead?

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Does anything electrical work on it now? Lites? Radio? Fans? Does the starter crank when you turn the key?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the battery or the alternator I don't think because it will turn over fine, but it just won't start for a few minutes. Everything else works while it is dead to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
same prob!

I sorta had the same prob last week, it was my starter. it could be that, but i dunno.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i had a similar problem with mine but it was a hugely blocked fuel filter (it was full off crap) maybe im not saying it is though.:D :)

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Yeah, probably distributor, although I recall someone on here had a weird-ass problem with their gas-cap - who remembers that one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, but evrything you said it could be I already replaced. It was starting to jerk a few days before this crap happened and I replace the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and it worked awesome. But then the engine just cut out on me. The diagnostic computer said it was either the camshaft positioning sensor or some ignition stuff. I checked the sensor but nothing was wrong and it still has the problem. I don't know how to screw with most of the electronic junk some I'm taking it to the dealer. I just hope it doesn't break down in the construction zone. Did all you guys know altimas got built in diagnostic systems in the. I didn't until I got my manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts