The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TB-3
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 4 of them, and i got to move across the country on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROBLEM 1 When the car is in PARK, my steering wheel vibrates like crazy. When u switch it in drive, it disappears. Not a big deal but pisses me off. Does anyone has the same problem?

PROBLEM 2 Since i got my rims on the whole car vibrates on the speeds above 50. I hope it's just the aligment. I'll take it to pep boys tommorow and see what happens (not really a problem but i just decided to share)

PROBLEM 3 I have a weird clicking noise coming from the engine. It sounds like a leaking pump. I had that for a while now. It's kind of hard to describe... My mechanic has no clue what it is. He offered to rip apart my engine block for only a $$$$ and find out

PROBLEM 4 I have to drag a damn u-haul trailer behind me and i have to get a uhaul trailer hitch and they told me that the hitch PERMENANTLY attaches to the car. I already have to remove my eurebuni 905 rear valance off, but if it attaches permenantly attaches then i can put the rear of my bodykit back on! What should i do?

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks

·
TB-3
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. tune up of what? it's not the engine that vibrates?
2. agreed, will take it to pep boys tommorow
3. not a big deal, just the starnge sound that doesn't affect neither performance nor handling
4. good idea but EXPENSIVE, i wanted to get a truck but it will run me about a 1000 more + unsurance + gas, moreover, i don't even have that much stuff

But thanks anyway

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
1) it's motor mounts. more specifically probably the tranny mount or the one on the passenger side fenderwell.

2) do you still have at least two stock size wheels? what size are the rims? low profile tires? If you have the stock wheels & tires, put em back on the front and see if it still vibrates. Ive had 4 sets of rims on my car and every single set had at least ONE that was out of round. If it doesnt vibrate with the stock one's on then yes, take the rims to a GOOD shop (not pep boys...one that specializes in oversize rims and low pro tires and have them do the stick on weights on the inside of the wheel well instead of the hammer weights into the bead.) Or just put the stock ones back on for your road trip and save the tread on the low pros. Another tip, take your spare out and throw one of the stocks wheels in in it's place so you dont have to stop and get one repaired if you hit a pothole and blow a low pro. Believe me, Im telling you all this from personal experience. Ive had nothing but nightmares with rims/lowpros and road trips.

3) timing chain noise? possily a valve ticking. go to an auto parts store and get a stethoscope and probe around....you can pinpoint the noise.

4) have you considered shipping all the stuff to yourself? If you dont have a lot of furniture to move, pack all the stuff you can in the car, and ship all the little stuff to a nearby UPS/FEDEX terminal at your destination and write HOLD AT TERMINAL FOR PICKUP on the ship-to address along with the TERMINAL's address. But if you've got some big furniture that wont fit in the car, then this is a moot point.

·
TB-3
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Where can i get new ones?
2. I sold the stock wheels b/c i didn't want to drag them:( I have 17' so it shouldn't be a big deal. Right? Will the stock wheel fin in the spare place?
3. I'll try it ASAP
4. Shipping is a good idea, but i need to find out the prices. The descision that we have to move came very suddenly, even last week i thought we are moving in the mid September

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
aredel200 said:
1. Where can i get new ones?
2. I sold the stock wheels b/c i didn't want to drag them:( I have 17' so it shouldn't be a big deal. Right? Will the stock wheel fin in the spare place?
3. I'll try it ASAP
4. Shipping is a good idea, but i need to find out the prices. The descision that we have to move came very suddenly, even last week i thought we are moving in the mid September
The stock wheel will fit with a size 50 profile tire, but not with the 60, like OEM. The motor mounts I think you can get at NAPA. Not sure if the Zone or Advanced or Pep would carry these. Call 1-800-GOFEDEX and get with a customer service rep and see what the deal is. But you need to know some weights first or you wont be able to get any info out of them. (I HAVE done this before and it worked out perfectly and saved me $1000) I think I ended up spending about $400 shipping everything.

You said you're moving cross-country? Can you imagine driving a huge truck that will only do 55 or 60 that far? yuck.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Hey peterson whats the size of the rings? I've tried two different sets and can't get em to fit.

·
TB-3
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, here is the deal... I am mailing stuff that will not fit in my car. I am just gonna drive down there LA -> VA. I did the aligment today and the car runs perfect now, and as for motor mounts i'll just buy racing ones !

P.S What is a hubcentric ring?

·
22,052 Posts
Take the rim off and look in the center hole. There should be a black ring, say 2-3 inches in diameter. The ring pops into the rim and helps to center the wheel on the hub. If the rim is off center, it will cause a shake as it spins, usually gets worse the faster you go. A lot of rims don't come with the rings, or people just don't know to buy them.

They cost about $20 for a set of four, and they really do help. If you don't have them, I would get them. My buddy didn't have some on some 17's, had a really bad shake, got them, and the shake was almost totally gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts