The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Part:
Story begins like this . . . . I "USED" to have a set of BOSCH 4+ Plugs and BOSCH Premium Wires. I was told by some of the members around here (Colorado) that BOSCH 4+ plugs "suck" so I switched over to the stock NGK plugs (New Set) which turned out to be the better choice. Now here comes my BOSCH Premium Wires and the damage I found out it had done when changing the plugs today . . . .

Bad Part:
Basically, the wires SUCK! The way they are built is worse than the stock wires found off of my 94 GXE. Remember now, some of you guys out there may know that BOSCH wires suck but I found out the hard way and I want to warn people who do not know about this product ahead of time. Anways, I found out that two of the tips of my wires where they come in contact with the spark plug were completey melted off! I have only driven on these wires for about 4,000 miles now. Nothing serious, just daily commute and such. As I took a closer look, they were cheap @$$ rubber caps that came in contact with the plugs that could be easily pulled off. I was in shock and pissed off at the same time. Taking those needle nose pliers and pulling the rest of the rubber caps out were a b**** and a half. So, I ended up putting my stock wires back on and now my car is doing fine. So folks, do not purchase these wires (Cost me $75 here in Colorado) because you will end up getting jacked. Luckily, my wires came with a Lifetime Warantee (Now I know why!). So I exchanged them for my money back and told them to shove it up "dey' @$$ cuz' I ain't havin' it!"

Wire Description:
Basically, the entire wire is a grey color with black ends that got into the valve cover and plug into the cap/rotor.

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
1,863 Posts
dam my wires are gray and have black ends, just hope there bettter mine only cost $45, but i got autolight wires

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
djsassan said:
i love NGK.....now ya know why

i was browsing through the parts dept at my nissan dealer and picked up spark plugs... the box was a nissan box, but stamped NGK plugs....

·
SR20DE/sss
265 Posts
Ry said:

i was browsing through the parts dept at my nissan dealer and picked up spark plugs... the box was a nissan box, but stamped NGK plugs....
NGKs are the spark plugs under contract with nissan all over the world.

·
Banned
865 Posts
did you guys ever see that one add from 93 I think where it shows an altima and it we built the altima to be the best with the best parts starting with NGK Plugs. By the way where can I pick up some NGK platnium wires n' plugs cheap?

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can pick up NGK plugs from any of your local auto parts stores or at the Nissan Dealership. I got my "copper" NGK plugs for a buck-fifty each. I checked my old plugs before I put in my BOSCH 4+ a while back and they were also NGK plugs. Must be stock equipment on Nissan's. BTW, does anybody know how good "Vitek" wires are? Saw a set of yellows on Stillen's website.
I think the yellow will match my blue/purple 2-tone valve cover I got today from Punksk8rr. I am definitely psyched about it! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts