The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am finally happy with my supercharger project.

setup:
- Magnuson/Eaton MP90 Supercharger
- S-Max 22" x 10" x 4" Intercooler
- RC 440cc Injector
- Custom Thermostat housing with inner 350z Thermostat
- Custom Alternator Pulley. (The supercharger is driven by the alternator pulley)
- Custom intercooler 3" piping all around.
- SSQV Blow-Off Valve
- Optima Red Top Battery in th trunck.
- 2 Thin Radiator Fan and a DIF Fan Controller
- Of course, on the supercharger, all the brackets and extension shaft are custom.
I have done everything myself, except the custom alternator pulley which I ad made by a local shop.

Currently running 5.5 - 6 psi.

It still need some tuning to be 100% but I think I am 90% done right now.

Here are a few pics:

Intercooler Pics:

Dyno, not yet so don't ask.
But I have something else, Drag Slip and a video of the car when it was only at 4psi (I was still learning to drive this beast)

Video link: Altima Supercharged 4 psi

Another one at 5.5-6psi . 12.842sec run
Altima Supercharged at 5.5psi

Picture with 17" x 9" and M/T ET Street Slick.

Reactions: kr4zYhe4d

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,389 Posts
Wow...

I want one. Can you give us any specs on how you managed to build this thing? Because I would LOVE to do that to my car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks beautiful. Is this the first S/C 3.5?? As far as I know it is. Either way, congrats on a job well done.

·
The VripMaster
177 Posts
hahah c'est nice de voir que s'tun gars du Quebec qui sort le premier 3.5 S/C sur un altima:p

Si ta une chance d'me shooter un PM pour me dire combien ca ta couter, a part toute les truc custom et le temp biensur, etant donner que ca, tu la fait toi meme;)

For the haters who are gonna tell me to speak english, i'll translate.

I've congratulate him to be the first S/c 3.5 and happy to see it come from my province.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Cant see the pics or video at work but good job either way. I been waiting for some one to SC a 3.5SE, been jealous of the Maxima peeps for some time now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added a pics of the intercooler and also a video of one of the run of last Saturday. (See first post)

This run is 12.842sec @ 106.13. The MPH is low because I went off the throttle since I was afraid of breaking thru my writen time of 12.84.

I was not able to have any other video as we we're 4 cars, but all running in the same class at the same time.

Total cost: Around $5500.00 Canadian, which is about $4750.00 USD $5250.00 today.
Of course, this is only for parts. My time is not calculated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahah c'est nice de voir que s'tun gars du Quebec qui sort le premier 3.5 S/C sur un altima:p

Si ta une chance d'me shooter un PM pour me dire combien ca ta couter, a part toute les truc custom et le temp biensur, etant donner que ca, tu la fait toi meme;)

For the haters who are gonna tell me to speak english, i'll translate.

I've congratulate him to be the first S/c 3.5 and happy to see it come from my province.
Merci Beaupcoup! (thank you)

Wow man cngrates on the bulid and great track times. I want one also.. What are you using for tuning??
E-Manage Ultimate with Greddy Pressure Sensor. Original MAF is only there for the Intake temp sensor.

·
Prepare to be VQmized
489 Posts
Props man, I'm a big fan of superchargers. Do you plan to increase the boost further?

IIRC the Eaton Model 90 on the GM 3800 (GTP, Regal GS, etc) is stock at 7.5-8.0psi. Reducing the pulley size slightly can get you to about 11 psi, then you need ECM changes to go further on the GM's. What do you expect to be the maximum safe boost to be on your VQ?

Great job!

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
7,613 Posts
he prolly coud push 8 psi wit n problem just needs a good tune.

congrats on da project. i been dreamin of supercharging my car just wish dat price tag was cheaper.

u should make those cuctom brackets n shaft so u could sell them

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.