The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
alright.... here is mine:
Hotshot header and sway bar put into the car the past Saturday...

This weekend: Tachmeter wiring will be done; my big ass dent will be pulled out (thank God!)

Next weekend: order Springs and shocks and wheels and tires (may stick with 18' since a friend is selling them for cheap)

early to mid April -- ZEX kit (I guess this is the only thing related to this forum)

late april- interior mods

·
Boosting again!
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 96 that is currently an automatic. I've done all the basic bolt ons and even went so far as to through an NX wet nitrous kit on. I've been chillin' with the 35 shot because I don't have colder plugs and I don't feel like retarding my timing because i don't drive using NOS for more than like .05% of the time.

I would like to play around with the 50shot sometime soon but I'm having a hard time getting the NGK colder plugs (seven series).

I'm hopefully getting my 5spd non-lsd ( :angry2: ) tranny installed this coming week (15-20th or whenever) but that depends upon whether or not my JUN flywheel I ordered back in november comes. Alex has assured me that it will, so i'm really keeping my fingers crossed.

After the five speed goes in, I'm going to upgrade the ignition system, get the JWT cams, and work out all the little "bugs" in my car. I'll probably work on upgrading some wiring and getting the electrical system very efficient.

This summer I'm going to either work on appearance or engine. I haven't decided yet. It'll either be lightweight 18s, body kit, and new paint job, of stage 3 turbo (running at stage 1). I can't make up my mind. I have the money to do either and maybe a little of each, but it's a hard choice. If I go turbo, i'm going to get the stage three kit, and just run low boost. Then over the winter i'm going to try and find a sub 1000 beater to drive and I'll have my engine get built up for the 40 lbs of boost that I might someday get with the stage 3 kit.

I know I have a lot of stuff to learn about turbos and cars in general, but you can't make much progress unless you dive into it, right? If anyone can explain the ECU/s-afc/fuel management thing, that would be awesome. I know that the air/fuel ratio and all that stuff can be controlled by the JWT upgraded ECU, but I've heard it's better to go standalone (and I can understand why if it's tunable). I just don't know what route to go yet.

Feedback would be lovely.

·
Boosting again!
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ranisron said:
alright.... here is mine:
Hotshot header and sway bar put into the car the past Saturday...

This weekend: Tachmeter wiring will be done; my big ass dent will be pulled out (thank God!)

Next weekend: order Springs and shocks and wheels and tires (may stick with 18' since a friend is selling them for cheap)

early to mid April -- ZEX kit (I guess this is the only thing related to this forum)

late april- interior mods
Sure you want to go with the ZEX kit? Those are dry kits, aren't they?? And I hear you about the dent. I've got a couple that I really want gone.

How's the new header feel?? :)

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
ZEX is wet.... prretty bullet proof...

the dent is freaking ugly as hell! I got that dent when pulling out in the parking lot... aparently I wasn't very awake at that time... :(

the new header is >>>> :p

damn, I need to make up my mind for the wheels... whether 18 s or superlightweight 16s....

hey kettnerc, good luck with your alti... I will return to IN in mid May, so if there's a meet in the mid-west, I may come... :)

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
how much does wiring improve the efficiencies of the car? I read a thread about HKS universal grounding kit....

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
interesting...

let's see...i need to get my roll cage in the car and welded...then i'll be welding the rear doors closed and fiberglassing the seams...car is already gutted...(thus the "2 door" in my 'i drive a:')

matching sparco racing seats for the front...5 point harnesses...

new wheels and tires...new coil-over suspension (most likely Motiational Engineering)...

battery is getting relocated to the rear and doing an in trunk fuel cell..

then we want to start work on a custom turbo...we're going to come out with one to rival the FMAX on the market just so that people have some sort of an option...(this last one is prolly a year away)...then of course everything that goes along with a turbo as far as internals and electronics...

and i'm sure a ton of other stuff that i didn't think of now but that will come along as i go..

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
ranisron said:
how much does wiring improve the efficiencies of the car? I read a thread about HKS universal grounding kit....
it works pretty well...i'd say it's worth it...

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
damn Noah... I don't want to go back to IN.... :(

I want to have boost in my car... but well, juice isn't bad either....

again, the header is DOPE.... raced a S2000 (I was in the passenger seat, my roommate was driving my babe), the cheap bastard >>> S2000 had a rolling start, and we were able to keep up with him until he made a 90 degree turn... the sway bar saved my life, since I made that 90 degree turn at 40-50 mph, almost hit the curb... gheez....

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
ranisron said:
raced a S2000 (I was in the passenger seat, my roommate was driving my babe), the cheap bastard >>> S2000 had a rolling start, and we were able to keep up with him until he made a 90 degree turn...

:)..no offense ran...but he wasn't trying...:p ...:D

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
:( :(

he was bone stock....

but soon I will be running juice.... :)

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
btw, what will be agood choice for a beat up car? old ass civics?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Well, let's see...

i recently blew up my car, so I'm in the process now of just getting it back on the road. Once i do which should be in about a week or 2, It'll daily driven with the BASIC bolt-ons (i/h/e)

that's about all i got
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
just put on a free used apexi world sport. baffle is blown. a little rattling. but for a free muffler and haw ricey and can o bees aound the last muffler was. apexi is the shit.

adding finally my msd 6al this week.

adding the safc this week too.

ordering rebuild parts for tranny.

and doeas any one know a cheaper rebuild kit other than the $750 level ten one. the valve body will be by maximum and torque converter by protorque. just the level ten stuff is expense. but can hold over 400 hp

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Ramses said:
just put on a free used apexi world sport. baffle is blown. a little rattling. but for a free muffler and haw ricey and can o bees aound the last muffler was. apexi is the shit.

adding finally my msd 6al this week.

adding the safc this week too.

ordering rebuild parts for tranny.

and doeas any one know a cheaper rebuild kit other than the $750 level ten one. the valve body will be by maximum and torque converter by protorque. just the level ten stuff is expense. but can hold over 400 hp
Do you like the sound of the apexi (minus the blown baffle) better than what you had?

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
ranisron said:
btw, what will be agood choice for a beat up car? old ass civics?
well you saw my old '84 Volkswagon Cabriolet beater car...lol...basically anything that will get you around...and that you don't have to worry about...

however rereading your post i think you are asking about which cars you can easily beat up on?...if so...just go find out..:p ..half the fun is not knowing if you'll win or lose...just racing...:D

oh yeah..if you wanna take your car to the track...i'm going to Willow Springs International Raceway on Saturday the 22nd of this month...you're welcome to come...there you can beat up on some Vette's, Porsche's, and all the other high priced cars that these yuppies have no clue how to drive...nothing like seeing the look on the face of a guy driving a 50K sports car when you exit the last turn onto the front straight at a better angle and 10mph faster then him and pass him with a wave cause he was in the wrong gear...;)...in a car you paid $1200 for...:lol:

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
nokeone said:
interesting...
new coil-over suspension (most likely Motiational Engineering)...

how much did Motiational Engineering Quote you ? I belive i talk to a guy name Steve and he said he already did a custom one for an altima 93-97 body style ...the cost was like $1,600 .....just curious to see if thats there same price or not

·
Boosting again!
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ranisron said:
damn, I need to make up my mind for the wheels... whether 18 s or superlightweight 16s....
Go lightweight 18s ;) The Centerline RPM forged are what I'm going to try and swing. They are 14.5 pounds and look awesome.

ranisron said:
hey kettnerc, good luck with your alti... I will return to IN in mid May, so if there's a meet in the mid-west, I may come... :)
Word. I'm so there if there are any this summer. I'm just too busy with school right now.

·
Boosting again!
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nokeone said:
interesting...

let's see...i need to get my roll cage in the car and welded...then i'll be welding the rear doors closed and fiberglassing the seams...car is already gutted...(thus the "2 door" in my 'i drive a:')

matching sparco racing seats for the front...5 point harnesses...

new wheels and tires...new coil-over suspension (most likely Motiational Engineering)...

battery is getting relocated to the rear and doing an in trunk fuel cell..

then we want to start work on a custom turbo...we're going to come out with one to rival the FMAX on the market just so that people have some sort of an option...(this last one is prolly a year away)...then of course everything that goes along with a turbo as far as internals and electronics...

and i'm sure a ton of other stuff that i didn't think of now but that will come along as i go..
That sounds sweet man. What are you running right now? NOS I assume? Any times?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts