The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This may be a dumb question and I might be in for some flaming...however I am still going to ask it.

I've got HIDs for my 2nd gen which uses the 9007 bulbs. I know you have to buy projectors and custom fit them into the 99 or 00 style headlights.

Here's the question: Most projectors use H1, H4, or 9006 bulbs. Is there a type of projector that uses a 9007 bulb, so I don't have to get new bulbs. Probably not, but I figure it's worth a try.

Thanks in advance to all those who can offer a reply.

·
Banned
45 Posts
The projectors themselves don't require a certain type of bulb(you should use a certain type but it doesn't matter afaik). They will project light regardless. It's the housing and wiring harnass that require a certain type of bulb.

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
descartes said:
The projectors themselves don't require a certain type of bulb(you should use a certain type but it doesn't matter afaik). They will project light regardless. It's the housing and wiring harnass that require a certain type of bulb.
I'm pretty certain you should be using a specific kind of bulb for HID projectors...either D2S or D2R. I can't recall which one though.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have D2S HID bulbs. Therefore, from what I gather from info presented here, I can just get projectors from a bmw, lexus, etc. and retrofit them. Am I right in assuming this ?? Thanks again for all the help.

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
waynehead05 said:
yes. BTW join HIDforum.com and you'll learn everything you'll need for your retrofit.
you learn alot of things!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts