The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what's the proper way to remove a coating of wax from my car?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wash your car with DAWN Liquid soap (used to clean dishes)

·
Small Units lives in Ohio
716 Posts
Like the two answers above...

Wash car with dawn.

Get a clay bar and some clay lube, and go to town. Use a good quality polish after to protect. (zaino work wonders!)

·
Just Chillin'
249 Posts
Clay Bar will not properly work unless the wax is already removed. Many professional detailers do not use dawn because of it's harsh abrasives. The safest way to remove the wax is to use a non or very light abrasive polish. I use P21S Gloss-enhancing Paintwork Cleanser.

·
The Reverend
413 Posts
3M Imperial Machine Glaze for aggressive work

3M Imperial Hand Glaze for maintenance.

The is commercial stuff, but the good stuff. . . I'll post some links to retailer if necessary.

These are paint cleaner/polishes, which contain no silicone or wax. This will restore the luster to your paint and remove any wax or contaminents. If the paint looks good but still feels gritty after hitting it with the glaze. Use a clay bar. Then repolish with a 3M glaze again.

Top of with a carruba wax. I prefer blitz as it does not mess up the trim like other waxes do.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
dawn works wonders. Just apply it to your rag,sponge, etc and wash it 2 times and it will be gone.

·
Registered
731 Posts
dawn..... will just using a lot of Joy work in only one washing? Byran what do you mean by mess up the trim?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts