The Nissan Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
coffee black and egg whit
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo uhhhhh....i changed my place racing cold air intake to a short ram intake.....

my thoughts:

i like it a lot better....it pulls a lot harder 4000+ rpms.......im sure there is a bad lag down low but i cant really feel it.....we'll know if it was really worth it when i go to the track again and see if my times improved at all, oh and imo, the short ram intake sounds ALOT better than the cold air.....

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
my car runs like .2 faster with CAI.. can't really tell a difference on the street though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Rick-
Do you run 14.4s w/street tires?

·
Registered
8 Posts
OMG-
I just read it again, its an auto!!! How much faster would a five speed be?
14.4s w/a few bolt on, and 50 shot is great

·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i doubt it would be any faster in a 5 speed than ricks auto.....ricks auto runs unusually fast times for his mods....lucky him....
he also shifts his auto manually while at the track.....

so my car might have gotten slower by adding wai rick???? ohh well, we'll see what happens at the track, i might actually go tonight...i really wanna ge this bitch a couple runs in....

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
test it at the track tonight. :cool:

I only shift manually when I am racing all motor. hitting the rev limiter on accident isn't going to kill my engine running all motor :D

and my theory as to why my auto is faster than the 5spds with nitrous is that i can spray pretty much all the way down the track.

·
Registered
8 Posts
IYO would it be better to get auto, or 5speed for 1/4 times?

-RJ

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
i would get the 5spd regardless, they run faster times all motor and are a hell of alot funner to drive.

·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rick said:
test it at the track tonight. :cool:

I only shift manually when I am racing all motor. hitting the rev limiter on accident isn't going to kill my engine running all motor :D

and my theory as to why my auto is faster than the 5spds with nitrous is that i can spray pretty much all the way down the track.
i will be going to the track tonight...im trying to drag the slut out there but he doesnt wanna go......

·
Registered
62 Posts
So what does a stock 5spd run? 1 and 2nd gens? I'm curious and have asked and searched before.

Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is that stock Jeremy's Ride2000?

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
5 speed fun. i love it i love i love it, but not in traffic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.